xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Velveteen

A Few Pieces I Have Done. Art.

I guess I consider myself somewhat of a "Pop" artist.

I like to suck the emotion out of images and replace them with my own.

SOme examples:

"Innocence"

Posted Image

"Untitled"

Posted Image

Feed back appreciated.

Cool use of chiasascuro. The blur detracts a bit for me though. Mostly just as a personal point of taste though. I'm a stickler for sharp edges.

I like the concept, but I feel like the execution of your idea could be bettered. I think that the black should be more sharp and defined against the background, and maybe even add some complexity to the background, like a curve going across the back dividing it into 2 sections of similar tone but different lightnesses, or something like that. Just some ideas you might want to play arond with. The main thing is that the photos look like they have been stretched out and pixels have been interpolated.

are the pictures yours? or did you just take pictures off the net and edit them with photoshop/ paint shop pro/whatever. I have the impression they're internet pics (due to the quality). the editing is just easy, nothing special.I like the second picture, but i don't like what you've done with it. sorry

are the pictures yours? or did you just take pictures off the net and edit them with photoshop/ paint shop pro/whatever. I have the impression they're internet pics (due to the quality). the editing is just easy, nothing special.

I like the second picture, but i don't like what you've done with it. sorry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly the impression that I had when viewing these photos. Unless s/he just made them from scratch, that is. The edges seem to be very pixelated.

The images are quite blurry… It seems as if they were smaller and you resized them, thus loosing some of their quality. I have to agree that what the other said was true. Sharper images would look quite better! I like the themes you chose, yet apart from the photographs you could add something more personal in those pictures! Something that will be your very own signature.

Personally it seems that someone just used a filter and blurred up some of the jaggyness. But also they look like posters to me, maybe he scanned them and then resized?Great concept never the less, would be better if you used either straight lines or that circle net concept...

i think theyre pretty good pictures, those choice in color for the backgrounds make it look good, the only thing that reallly needs to be fixed is the jagged edges and stuff and that can be fixed wit corel draw sketch or whatever its called.