xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EvilEmpire

Old School

Does anyone ever wish that new games could be made using old graphics, such as the old Bioware graphics? Examples include Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy those games more than new ones with better graphics.

ever hear of the game xiii it is sumtin like that...but not quite that old of graphics...it is just somewhat of the old anime flat style awesome game tho...check it out if you havent already

XIII is cel-shaded 3D graphics, which gives it the appearance that it's a really well-drawn cartoon!!! Not exactly old school, but certainly a different flavor of eye candy when playing the game. Somewhere on the internet is a 2D version of Grand Theft Auto 3. Someone went through and remade the whole game to look like it's an NES or SNES game!!! LOL I've got to find the URL for that and try playing. If you want old school gaming, there's a few titles on the market that are old school games on newer devices. Nintendo re-released a few of its NES games for the GBA, you can find the classic Final Fantasy games on PS, Atari titles have shown up in a few places, and you can even get the entire Sonic The Hedgehog and MegaMan collections for... crap, I think you can get them both for GameCube, but I'm not entirely sure. Then again, forget game remakes and just look for an NES or Genesis on Ebay or something, and then just buy a variety of games!!! You're probably not going to find old school graphics on new games, primarily because game makers are trying to make games seem more and more realistic. Therefore, your best bet is to look for old games or search for third party remakes on the net.

I just really like the old Bioware RPGs, such as Planescape:Torment, and Baldur's Gate. I like that style of graphics, with the isometric perspective and, Idon't know how to describe it. If you've ever played any Bioware or Black Isle games, then you know.