xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

Nanobots The Future of the World

Hey, I saw on some science channel that they are researching on nanobots: small little microscopic robots that are injected into your body to maintain a good health for you... Thats a really cool concept; so when your body is infected with bacteria, it could automatically start attacking those bacteria and leave you healthy in seconds... The only downside to that is if it gets into the wrong hand, our world would be kinda like the 1984 or THE BIG BROTHER... they can monitor our thinking and our actions everywhere we go... And if a hacker somehow finds out how to control the nanobots, your life would be based on a button somewhere... all they have to do is press on a destructive mode on the nanobots and it would start destroying you from the inside out... that sucks... haha...

Well with new technology, there will always be a risk. I mean, take cars for an instance. At first people were afraid of trains (a little odd, but a true known fact) because they, scientists and the general public, were afraid people wouldn't be able to withstand any speeds faster than 40 mph (another interesting little fact). After a little encouragement, people began to accept them and build off the idea, thus the construction of cars and other transportation means as you can see in the streets of modern day society. Nevertheless, the introduction of cars is also the introduction of car accidents.Anyways, any kind of new technology will come with risks. As for what will happen if someone hacks into the nanobots...i don't think that will be too much of a problem. First of all, nanobots are not controlled by an outside "button" or program/system. It has already been programmed during the manufacturing stage. I guess there's the chance where someone will distribute "bad" nanobots, but that's a risk people will have to take. And it is also rather difficult to change a nanobot after it is constructed, as far as I can understand it. If someone wants to cause destructive harm to someone's physical state, there are much cheaper and easier methods of doing such a thing...Personally, I'm interested i nanotechnology, though i still am a strong believer that biotechnology could take us further... =/

Nanomachines can be so much fun, just think they could keep you relatively healthy, but they could also make you stonger, extend your life span, increase your learning capabilities, I wish I had some just for that, college enough said. Unfortunatly it will be some time before they can even be produced and distributed.....sigh, I really want some Nanomachines.

Nanobots would be so cool. But what if there was a malfunction and they started attaking human cells, thinking they were threats? That wouldn't be so cool. Or they could trigger an alergic reaction or something, so your body what start attakcing the nanobots, and then the nanobots would think that your body was a threat to itself and try to kill you...okay that's a bit too much like a scci-fi film, but you get the idea...

I agree that with all new technology theres a risk, like cars... yes people were scared, but I doubt it was that bad... I certainly think nanobots should be reconsider and make sure it is "unhackable," that way it could not modify it's purpose in the human body... I doubt giving it AI is not going to help... or else it will be like what saxsux said, "sci-fi film". I just hope it is not too simple where anybody whos everybody could learn and access it and control the nanobots.... I dont want to hold the risk of spontaneous combustion or something...

I totally disagree with you i am a cancer patient and if there was any way to help people and me we would be able to control lots of things even how long people live if we were able to keep people healthy they would be able to keep them alive alot longer and wouldn't you of wished your family would still be alive in fourty years!!!peace outymmij

I didn't say stop the research... I said it should be reconsiderred to make it a safer technology for the world... I would love it if we live in a utopia world where nanobots work only for the good of mankind, but if I have to sacrifice thousands of people for the sake of one cancer patience (with all due respect), then I would not do that.... ps: I hope youre doing well... peace out...

A few of my profs are doing research into nanotechnology. The problem right now is that in order to get these 'nanobots' to do anything beyond acting as simple sensors or detectors, there needs to be some way to program them. Right now, from the technology we have, programming requires transistors, or similar devices. However, we're barely able to scale our transistors down to the nano scale at the moment, and the smaller we go, the more problems we run into. So, chances are that if any feasible nanobots are developed within the near future, they will be single purpose machines, designed for only one purpose and unable to be 'hacked'. The road to nanotechnology is going to be a slow one. There's definitely a lot of research into that area, but the difficulties are huge (for instance, quantum effects become more and more predominant in smaller and smaller structures, causing them to behave in ways that we don't expect; also normal background radiation that is always present can start to interfere with the workings of these devices). So, I'd say we don't have to worry too much yet about rogue nanobots escaping and taking over the world :P

I also saw a show on the discovery channel about terrorist attacks, and what might be done in the future to help protect us. One thing was that nanomachines could be imbedded into a plate of glass that would be used for a window, and whenever the window came into contact with a harmful chamical such as anthrax, it would change color. In the dramitization they showed the whole window turn to a bright red tint, and then different tints for different chemicals. I found that to be really interesting. Who would of thought that one day a piece of glass could just start changing colors due to the chemicals floating in the air?

I didn't say stop the research... I said it should be reconsiderred to make it a safer technology for the world... I would love it if we live in a utopia world where nanobots work only for the good of mankind, but if I have to sacrifice thousands of people for the sake of one cancer patience (with all due respect), then I would not do that....

ps: I hope youre doing well... peace out...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean one cancer patient? This single technology could save hundreds of millions of lives.

Nanobots will revolutionize the world no doubt. They are trying to make one right now that could change waste material into cocoa beans. Yes I know that sounds crazy but apparently they're expensive for companies in the US because we have to ship them. They're also trying to make ones that could clean up things like oil spills. Think how much money that would save people :P ....

:P:P:P:P:P "I would love it if we live in a utopia world where nanobots work only for the good of mankind"If you read correctly I rather save millions of lives.... even if I didn't... saving millions of of cancer patient lives is not important to me as saving every single human on this earth.... So before you quote me and put your input to get some hosting credits, think first... But its not really gonna matter anyway, the the individual mentioned previously, based on our technology right now, we are still trying to get a transistor down to a nanometer? I personally think the only thing thats stopping us is bonding density of atoms... Every element on earth has a limit to its ability to bond to another element; after a certain extent, itll just break off, and by building things that small, thinner than say... foil.. even a blood cell could damage it and destroy it... Thats just my theory, but please dont criticize my input, cuz I not anywhere near a scientist or anything like that... Well keep us all updated if you know anything new with the nanotechnology.... Thanks in advance...

You tell him ASR :D But Nanobots definitely have a place in the future. And mean think of all the possibilites. I for one, hope they get those ones that clean up oil spills (see above post), we seem to be having the all the time :( . And when it comes to humans, the possibilites are endless. It could cure heart conditions, cancer, ANYTHING.