xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neverseen

Vst Instruments & Sequencers Music creation software...

Hi! I'm quite new on the board. I'm wondering if there's someone who is familiar with music creation with sequencers like Cubase SX or Logic Audio... I would like to have some opinions about the stuff you use to create the sound. And maybe to share some experience in using these.

Hi,

I´m a DJ/Producer for almost 15 years and use a lot of this stuff. Please be a bit specific what you like to archive with this prog´s. I´m used to do a lot of Techno stuff. BTW if you got some intersting trax, and like them eventually released you can mail them to me holger@sapo.pt We doing a lot of partys and festivals here in Portugal, so if you think you are good as an live act send me a 60min demo as mp3. If we like it you´ll going to play this summer in portugal

Cheers Blix

Hey ! Thanks for the fast response :P In fact I'm already a signed trance producer and DJ, released some singles and remixes, having my own radioshow @ ETN radio etc. But I'd prefere to not reveal my artist name here tho :P And when I created the thread I expected some kind of discussion of what sequencers and VST do the users prefere.

Most of my experience is with midi sequencing and soundfonts. I usually use NoteWorthy composer to write out music in staff form, then render it to midi. Then I use FL Studio to apply the use of Sound Fonts. Most people I know who use FL Studio just do all the midi sequencing right in the program, but I like to be able to see it in staff form. I then use FL Studio to do all the mixing, panning, EQing, and stuff. Then I render to mp3 or wave. It can also import waves, so you can have sequenced material mixed with live recordings.

Hey ! Thanks for the fast response :D In fact I'm already a signed trance producer and DJ, released some singles and remixes, having my own radioshow @ ETN radio etc. But I'd prefere to not reveal my artist name here tho :P

And when I created the thread I expected some kind of discussion of what sequencers and VST do the users prefere.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to work for a major music retailer as the software manager and worked tech support for a major VST software company. I no longer work for either. I used to really like Logic. It was the best sequencer ou there for a long time. There are really cool ones like fruity loops and the like, but if you really want indepth sequencing- Cubase SX or Logic would be the best. If you want better audio with decent midi and have a budget, I would invest in something more professional like Syteinberg's Nuendo. It is actually the best program I have ever used for audio.

Hi! I'm quite new on the board. I'm wondering if there's someone who is familiar with music creation with sequencers like Cubase SX or Logic Audio... I would like to have some opinions about the stuff you use to create the sound. And maybe to share some experience in using these.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are great VST instruments out there. I recommend a VST Sampler like Halion or Battery. You will need content for these samplers (or any other samplers) they come with something, but it is not the greatest in the world. You can download stuff or purchase libraries. Next you should get some type of Synth. Crystal is a free download. There are some real good free stuff and good retail stuff.

You should check out Native Instruments Reason. It has everything built in from samplers to synths and drum machines and rex files.

1064301300[/snapback]

You need to get PROPELLERHEAD REASON to make your samples and the REWIRE it with a program such as CUBASE SX, ADOBE AUDITION OF ABLETON LIVE 4 OR 5.

REASON is one of the best software sequencers out there today. at the studio where i engineer, we use REASON and REWIRE it with STIENBERG NUENDO.

FL STUDIO 5 is also a very good but underated sequencer. It can also record audio, which REASON cannot yet do. it is one of the best remixing tools available, although it cannot come close to ABLETON'S LIVE 4/5.

If you have a midi sequencer, ie REASON, and a audio sequencer, ie CUBASE or NUENDO then you can do some great stuff. Just remember to keep your vocals at around -6 db, as a lot of clipping will occur; this clipping is not easily fixed, not even with the best software and plugins, (ie PROTOOLS).

If you have any other questions you can email me @ morrisnoblejr@yahoo.com and i'll be sure to get back to you A.S.A.P. B)

i recently bought a Digi Design Mbox together with Pro Tools. I want to learn how to use this software.

1064317648[/snapback]

HEY monkeymagic, here is a link to some great PROTOOLS tutorials:.

https://www.vtc.com/

Good luck and hope you learn from them.

morrisnoblejr@yahoo.com B)

PS....Try REASON 3. there is a demo @ https://www.propellerheads.se/. trust me it is a really GOOG program.

Good luck again

I use REASON for about 3 years now. Actually from it's version 1.0 and their great software ReBirth (that you can now download for free).

Reason is really one very-very-kickass-good software. You can hear what kid of music I make with reason at my web (here is link to it) so you decide yourself what is good. B)

quote=morrisnoble,Sep 27 2005, 04:34 AM]

You need to get PROPELLERHEAD REASON to make your samples and the REWIRE it with a program such as CUBASE SX, ADOBE AUDITION OF ABLETON LIVE 4 OR 5.

REASON is one of the best software sequencers out there today. at the studio where i engineer, we use REASON and REWIRE it with STIENBERG NUENDO.

FL STUDIO 5 is also a very good but underated sequencer. It can also record audio, which REASON cannot yet do. it is one of the best remixing tools available, although it cannot come close to ABLETON'S LIVE 4/5.

If you have a midi sequencer, ie REASON, and a audio sequencer, ie CUBASE or NUENDO then you can do some great stuff. Just remember to keep your vocals at around -6 db, as a lot of clipping will occur; this clipping is not easily fixed, not even with the best software and plugins, (ie PROTOOLS).

If you have any other questions you can email me @ morrisnoblejr@yahoo.com and i'll be sure to get back to you A.S.A.P. B)

1064323952[/snapback]

I didn't ask what I need to get, neither mixing advices tho :P But my point was just to see what are people here using. In my humble opinion, Reason and Fruity Loops are more for amateurs, although I've heard some top notch tracks made with these.