xisto Community
deviant youth

Which Is The Best Squad Based Game? best squad based game

which is the best squad based game??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I choose Full Spectrum Warrior due to it's relism and deatil.I don't consider Counter-Strike as a "Squad" based game. Full Spectrum Warrior really gets into what a squad should be and trains you on how to conduct yourself within a squad and also how to command a squad. This game also shows how the divide and conquer technique works as long as there is good communication.You can really see this come into play when you are commanding one squad and some random person is commanding the other over Xbox Live. You must have near perfect communication in order to accomplish your objectives.

Cs Is a Squad game, It has all the elements, Seeing that there are bombing threats and hostage rescue, Cs:S Is the most realistic Squad based game there is ( You can't say theres any more realistic Squad baced game because CS:S HAS PHYSICS not to mention The best graphics out there at the time)

I voted Ghost Recon because of its cool multiplayer, and I hate CS with a vengeance!Although really I prefer Call of Duty as far as squad based goes. It has reasonable graphics and sounds mixed with great single player instanced visuals, not to mention it has the Russians in it. Most game won't accept the Russia actually had anything to do with saving everybody in WWI & WWII.

Cs Is a Squad game, It has all the elements, Seeing that there are bombing threats and hostage rescue, Cs:S Is the most realistic Squad based game there is ( You can't say theres any more realistic Squad baced game because CS:S HAS PHYSICS not to mention The best graphics out there at the time)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just because it has bomb threats and hostage rescues doesn't really make the game a "Squad Game" very rarely do people use tatics or work as a squad in those games. Just because CSS has physics doesn't make it the most realistic game ever. I believe that award would go to Rainbow Six of FSW in terms of the fact that you must use a hardy dose of tactics and strategy to stay alive-let alone beat the mission.

There is a new squad-based tactical shooter called "Brothers In Arms" Its like FSW because you can issue commands to your soldiers but it takes it a step further because it places you as the team leader on the ground leading the fire and assualt teams. It is set in WWII and you are in the 101st Airborne. The game starts in the airplane over Normandy on the night of D-Day.

Multiplayer is also good because you control a team of AI soldiers and the other person on your team does the same. The online is 2vs2 but that doesn't make it worse because of all the other AI soldiers. The use of tactics is really important in order to work well with your teammate.

you are missing quite a few games from that list ;Dmy favorite stratgeywise as well as realisticwise has to be SWAT 4, it is so freaking realistic, you don't kill everything in sight, instead you try your best to arrest your enemies instead of R6 where its just run and gun, very unrealistic. Also with SWAT, its really all up to your squad, you can't be all gun ho and run into places attack kill and expect to live and win.American's Army so far is also a favorite just cause its more realistic more mission orientied instead of how many people you can kill, just my two cents =D

Just because it has bomb threats and hostage rescues doesn't really make the game a "Squad Game" very rarely do people use tatics or work as a squad in those games. Just because CSS has physics doesn't make it  the most realistic game ever. I believe that award would go to Rainbow Six of FSW in terms of the fact that you must use a hardy dose of tactics and strategy to stay alive-let alone beat the mission.

There is a new squad-based tactical shooter called "Brothers In Arms" Its like FSW because you can issue commands to your soldiers but it takes it a step further because it places you as the team leader on the ground leading the fire and assualt teams. It is set in WWII and you are in the 101st Airborne. The game starts in the airplane over Normandy on the night of D-Day.

Multiplayer is also good because you control a team of AI soldiers and the other person on your team does the same. The online is 2vs2 but that doesn't make it worse because of all the other AI soldiers. The use of tactics is really important in order to work well with your teammate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with what you said about CS. In CS you can excell at the game without using any squad tactics at all. Individual skill comes into play when you are playing CS.

The Best I think is rainbow six, but ghost recon is also a good squad based game. But I play rainbow six more often because there are more players online. 8 Vs. 8 is really squad based yess.

I really hate CS... its like this...*You see an idiot running in a stright line**BOOM, you fire your scout and kill him for being stupid**Noob: OMG YOU *BLEEP*... YOU ARE HACKING!!! You: Dude, you just suck stop being so stupid N00b: No you *BLEEP* get out of here You: Don’t be a sore loser… Noob: OMG I’m SO GONNA PWN J00 NEXT TIME You: m’kay*Noob buys machine gun and rushes you, you shoot him in the head again… Noob: OMF *BLEEP* CAMPERAnd it goes on like that, the game is too infested with stupid people. So now I’m playing America’s Army, at least there isn’t that many idiots on their and when you camp at the objective people don’t complain couse they realized that is the point of the game

Even though it is not in your list, I would have to say my favourite squad based game is the game Call of Duty, it is a world war 2 based shooter which puts you in the boots of american, british and russian soldiers.I recently finished it, My favourite part of it was the fight over Stalingrad, which was really realistic and really threw me into the heart of the battlefield.

There isnt really anything better than Cs,  its the best squad shooter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude you are on crack... haha CS is not a squad shooter at all, I can count the times when I went single handed and killed numerous people with a DEagle and a AWP, in squad based games thats almost impossilbe

like AA the best I've ever done in a round is killing three people and thats with a sniper rifle.

CS needs no squad skils, just run and gun, I do it all the time, CS is more DOOM like, instead of using stratgies. I mean how many times do you actually rescue hostage?

I never did, the only time was in CS Assult and thats cause they are on the way

Side note: Playing as VIP is really fun

There is a new squad-based tactical shooter called "Brothers In Arms" Its like FSW because you can issue commands to your soldiers but it takes it a step further because it places you as the team leader on the ground leading the fire and assualt teams. It is set in WWII and you are in the 101st Airborne. The game starts in the airplane overNormandy on the night of D-Day.Multiplayer is also good because you control a team of AI soldiers and the other person on your team does the same. The online is 2vs2 but that doesn't make it worse because of all the other AI soldiers. The use of tactics is really important in order to work well with your teammate.

Just to add to the debate, yes there are quite a few games missing from that list and the best is not on the S.W.A.T 4 (if you have played it you will understand - its not possible to advance in anything above and including medium difficulty without using a squad) but from the list i chose CS:S because yes of the closeness and design to S.W.A.T and ofcourse its squad based as i read that because it has bomb threats doesnt make it a squad based game - Have you heard of Clan Matches the basis of the original counter strike being the number one online game for previous years - try winning a clan match without squads and tactics.

Of the games mentioned in the poll I played Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon and indeed they are both very good games. However I think neither compare to one game that went unmentioned in your poll - Operation: Flashpoint. While it is somewhat old I feel it is stil unsurpassed by any other similar game.In my opinion it is by far the most realistic of any games mentioned and on top of that has huge terrain, very varied fights and isn`t just infantry based, but is a full battle simulation.