xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Not Able To See My Subdomain Page I registered, it comes up page not found

Would an admin be so kind as to please tell me why I had to register again on my account that I had previously made, but it's still not coming up. I type in the URL and it comes up "Page Not Found" or "Action Cancelled." I'm not able to reach my Cpanel either. The URL is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tobias

I can reach your page just fine. You should see a page of which the title reads "Welcome to your hosting account". You just need to change the index.html file in your public_html folder. Your cPanel should be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

I checked it and got the same error "no site with that name". It could be your site is not fully propagated yet depending on how long ago it was created.Your site need at least 24 hrs for it to propagate.

Hmmm...why is moon able to see it, but I can't and Rudy can't. It also won't let me onto my Cpanel. I just tried to reach my page about 1 minute ago, still says, "No Page to Display." I don't know what's going on.I'm a little confused now, I sent my friend the link to see if it would work for him... it did. So, I clicked on the link and it worked. 5 mintues before that it still came up "Page Not Found." but anyways, thank you two for your help.Oh JOY! Now it is not working. Is there something wrong with Xisto or is there something wrong with my comp. and receiving certain sites?

Notice from moonwitch:
Merged 3 consecutive posts :P

The page I see is the page that is displayed on every account which holds no content. Meaning, I can't see YOUR page (index.html / index.htm / index.php made by you) but I can see the standard Xisto "newly created account"page.

Have you uploaded your files to the correct folder? Did you replace the current index.html page (or if you are using htm as prefered extension - deleted the old one)?

Ok, just because I can't explain what I am seeing that well (it is nearly 4AM here) I took a screenshot of your page (note the address bar :P)

Posted Image

Yeah, I was actually unable to even see that page. What I meant before was that it would not let me view my page, not my uploaded content for I hadn't uploaded anything yet, but just my actual URL. It would also not let me to my Cpanel. But everything seems to be running smoothly now, let's just hope it stays that way. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it.

It looks like it was a propagation issue. It would be nice if when someone ask for hosting they would have at least part of their site completed, if only their index page.It looks much nicer than a line of text stating that you site is coming.Note:This is in reference to the person who gets hosted not the hosting site.

And I just remember WHY I can see Xisto sites within minutes after creation LOLSince my ISP's DNS servers hate Xisto, they won't let me see any Xisto or Xisto site, I decided (thanks to Nils) to leave their DNS servers for what they're worth and now my first DNS server setting points to the ISP and the second to one from Xisto I think :P The reason they have that index page there automatically is to prevent unauthorized people to see the actual contents of the folder. Without an index page, you just get a list of pages, graphics etc.