xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JesusChrist

What Runs A .avi File?

You need a codec in order to run such files and they are available here at:
http://www.free-codecs.com/

I would recommend K-Lite Mega Codec Pack since I use it myself or you can install standalone ones.

don't install k-lite mega codec pack, it installs a lot of **** you don't need. either you go looking for the codecs you need, but if you don't know how to find out, the easy solution is: vlc, the player that will play everything, going form dvd, to wmv, avi, bin files,... it's here:

www3.telus.net/jefmil/Stairway%20to%20Heaven%20clip.mp3

it's free it's good!

Saxsux your reply is not advertising because it is a reply to a post and you are providing a choice for the person who started the post. But if you start a topic with the intent to advertise a product then you are in violation of spamming.I like IrfanView because it’s small and has tons of features. I would recommend it to anyone.

IrfanView is freeware only for personal use

If you use it without a licence in a company that is a no no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I thought we weren't talking about a company. Jesus Christ wanted to know how he could run .AVI files from ebaum's world.

That seems pretty much like personal use to me.

When i download small movie clips from websites (ebaumsworld type stuff), some of the files are .avi and my computer is being a little slow on the uptake and won't tell me what runs them. Anybody know which program?

it deppends what kind of movi that you downloaded or you´d like to see.
if you´re talking about Divx. Then you have to download a codec called divx, you can download it here http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx

I hope I could help you

Windows:Why not just use Windows Media Player? It's installed default on Windows XP computers... Just open an avi file and play it... You can find the codec on the microsoft website...Other:I would recommend quicktime. It's second-best to Windows Media Player in my opinion