xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
technick2

Problem With Customer Manager Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Ed.

I'm having a problem when I'm on the last step on the New Database Wizard in Small Business Customer Manager. There's a message that pops up saying:

A general failure occured.  Close Customer Manager, then try again.
Import cannot complete.  Click OK to go back to the last step of the New Database Wizard.

And, yes I have tried after closing Customer Manager.

Thanks,
technick2

I'm having a problem when I'm on the last step on the New Database Wizard in Small Business Customer Manager.  There's a message that pops up saying:

A general failure occured.  Close Customer Manager, then try again.

Import cannot complete.  Click OK to go back to the last step of the New Database Wizard.

And, yes I have tried after closing Customer Manager.

Thanks,

technick2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having the same problem when trying to create a new database by importing Outlook contacts data. (MS Office 2000 on XP with Windows Server network)

In addition, I get the following error when trying to import from Outlook. It will create the database but stop after importing one record, indicating, " The transaction has already been implicitely committed or aborted. You tried to commit a rollback transaction without first beginning a transaction. Import cannot complete." There is also a reference to MS Jet Database Engine.

No info I can find anywhere on the MS site or in the help section of Small Business Customer Manager.

Would appreciate any guidance.

Moundman

Sorry this post does not contain an answer. I just wanted to join in on the problem. I get the same error message after trying to create a new database.I am running Office 2000 on Windows XP. I found nothing as of yet to solve the problem but am still looking.So far, I have downloaded every update and patch for both Office and Windows but it has not fixed the problem.I hope that if an answer is found you guys will post it here. I will make sure to do the same.I just started a home business and this is killing me. I hate this kind of crap where things dont work for no reason and no answers are available.

I FOUND IT!! 3 days of cursing may be over. I jsut came across this link in another forum. I cant believe it because I have scoured the Microsoft site and got nothing. But here it is a link to the exact error. I'm not home right now so I cant test this but I hope it works.

Go here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Good luck!

Well it worked! How stupid is that. All that frustration caused by a simple password entry.I didnt even have the SP3 update installed when I tried it. I just left the password block empty and the wizard created the database with no problem.Fantastic. Hope you guys check back here.