xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
everydaysushi

Rollover Menu Problems After visited, hover doesnt work

Here's my problem:I have a simple rollover menu, where the links light up whenever your mouse is over one of them. It works fine. In the simplest sense, I used this CSS code:(in .css file)a:link, a:visited {color:#000000}a:hover {color:#FF0000}This works! Yay! Okay. But when I click on any of the links (it is therefore considered "visited"), the hover function doesn't work anymore. The link becomes static (hover does not work anymore). And yes, I want my unvisited and visited links to be the same color. Question: How do I get the hover function to work on VISITED links, as it apparently does not? Is there some kind of property value I can put on either the a:hover tag, or the a:visited tag?Please help me!!

Question: How do I get the hover function to work on VISITED links, as it apparently does not? Is there some kind of property value I can put on either the a:hover tag, or the a:visited tag?

Please help me!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you expand your use of css you can control alot more concerning your links. Below is an example:

a:link {color: #006600; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #FFFFFF; font-size:}a:visited {color: #006600; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #FFFFFF; }a:hover {color: #6699FF; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #6699FF; }a:active {color: #FF0000; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #FF0000; }

To add a second set of link controls simply add a class to the style.

Example of link code using the class "dklink2": You can have as many link controls as you want, just create different classes.

a.dklink2:link {color: #006600; font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #006600; }a.dklink2:visited {color: #006600; font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #006600; }a.dklink2:hover {color: #ffffff; font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #ffffff; }a.dklink2:active {color: #ff0000; font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; cursor: hand; color: #ff0000; }

You call the class by use of the "class" property in the anchor tagas follows:

<a href="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; class="dklink2" target="_blank">Whatever</a>

hope this helps

pete :P:P