xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rhodesian.dragon

A Question About Movabletype

Yes it is possible. I personally have installed it once on my website (deleted it later because the free version didn't have enough capabilities for what I needed) and it worked fine for a while. Just follow the instructions that came with the movabletype download to the dot and you should have no problems. Any other questions just drop me a PM? Or post again~

Yes it is possible. I personally have installed it once on my website (deleted it later because the free version didn't have enough capabilities for what I needed) and it worked fine for a while. Just follow the instructions that came with the movabletype download to the dot and you should have no problems. Any other questions just drop me a PM? Or post again~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I followed the instructions as you suggested but when I try to load MT I keep geting the following error:

Unsupported driver MT::ObjectDriver::DBM: Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./extlib ./lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBM.pm line 9. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/MT/ObjectDriver/DBM.pm line 9. Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 4) line 1.

:P

Does anyone know what this mean and how can I fix the error so that I can load MT?

It looks like you have a problem with either Perl or your database. I know MT instructions has instructions for three different types of databases, which one did you use? I'm not that good at all these, so kinda need to know what you did for the database instructions.

It looks like you have a problem with either Perl or your database. I know MT instructions has instructions for three different types of databases, which one did you use? I'm not that good at all these, so kinda need to know what you did for the database instructions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you could tell me which instrictions you used to get MT to work and I can try that.? :P

Did you by any chance go into your cpanel and actually create a new MySQL database for MovableType? It's not really stated in the instructions, and I think that may be the source of your problems. You have to go into CPanel>MySQL Databases, and create a new MySQL database for MT, and then change your MT files using notepad to reflect the change.If you still don't get it I'll post up a detailed step-by-step instructions. Just thought I'd check on that point first.