xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spistols678

What Exactly Is A Hosting Credit Sorry, I know its a stupid question.

I am sorry in advance if this question is answered in the FAQ section or another section but I just had to ask it because I am a little confused.1. What is a hosting credit2. Lets say I have 18 posts, does that mean I have 18 hosting credits?3. If I use 10 hosting credits when I had 18 before, does that mean I only have 8 left?Thanks.

Umm hosting creds don't work that way.- Hosting credits allow the site to realize that you want to be hosted (Have a subdomain on their site)- You lose 1 hosting credit a day and depending on how big your posts are you can gain that back in 1 post. (you don't spend the creds to get a host, you just have to stay active so your account dosen't get suspended).That's all the indepth I think the hosting creds are for, if they are for more than that sorry I didnt know, and I hope someone else can correct me if I'm wrong with anything.

Killer008r,

almost right... thanks.

Hosting credits have 2 meanings, before you are hosted it's a way to be hosted, after you are hosted it's a way to keep the hosting.

Before you are hosted you post to get 10 hosting credits for package 1 oe 30 hosting credits for package 2. Because you are not hosted the credits are like money in the bank (It does not make interest :rolleyes: ) because of this we reduce the hosting credit to 3 when you get hosted. This is so it will be fair to the people already hosted.

When you get hosting you have 3 hosting credits left, this is your starting point and it means you have 3 days that you don't need to post. We recommend you post so you have at least 7 hosting credits (25 to 30 is safer) that way you can stay away if something happes and you will not lose the hosting

Nils

"post so you have at least 7 hosting credits (25 to 30 is safer)"Or you could be like me and post nonstop :P I joined 4 days ago :P and already have 100 credits. So I don't have to post for more than 100 days (ALthough you know i will because I don't really have a life and I'm 16 so. Hmm darn i have to go to school... See you all.