xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Obesity Is Not Actually As Bad Whoa

Is this true? I heard that scientists mistaked obesity of being the second major cause of death, and obese people are actually less likely to die than in-shape people. They now say it's only the 7th leading cause of death. Is this all lies, or is this blue true? I find that amazing....

Is this true? I heard that scientists mistaked obesity of being the second major cause of death, and obese people are actually less likely to die than in-shape people. They now say it's only the 7th leading cause of death. Is this all lies, or is this blue true? I find that amazing....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been said that obesity is taking over america but i mean what do u expect all there is aroud are fast food places to eat nothing really healthy

Obesity, like smoking, causes the cause. Of itself it will not kill, but the icreased blood pressure that results will shorten life- in some cases. And Obesity is not the only cause of blood pressure.It all to do with risk factors and reducing them.

Dude whatever these people say, apart from increased risks of heart attack - as analyst pointed out, high blood pressure will be your constant companion. This in itself is not good - as it causes too much strain on your heart plus doesn't let other organs function properly. On top of that - the biggest problem with obesity is that it is AS BAD AS AIDS, if not more. Because of so much of extra lipo-padding around your cells, normal blood flow, which is extremely necessary to revitalize your cells (with oxygen & nutrients) every few minutes, never reaches the cells properly. Thus your cells, being starved for nutrients & oxygen, start shrivelling up and distort out of shape - causing them to function abnormally. Moreover since necessary antibodies cannot reach your cells in time, healing process is hampered bigtime - almost similar to immunodeficiency syndrome. This happened to a friend of mine here - who's overly obese and had to undergo a major surgery, because of a seriously infected wound. What caused this wound ? A THORN PRICK - which never healed up, but gave rise to a festering wound instead...Imagine.. and beware :rolleyes:

I recently came across a show on the Discovery Channel.. about how obesity is caused by some sort of virus.. people infected with the virus develop an urge to eat uncontrollably and then store the energy as fat... It seems clinical tests were run spanning a few decades and across the Americas and europe.. and scientists have found conclusive evidence in numerous cases (although not all) of the virus causing obesity.. most of the people interviewed were actually relieved to hear that they were obese because of a virus - a reason beyond their control. .. and other's who came up negative in the test were dissapointed that their being obese was not caused by a virus but some other reason - most likely a geneome problem...It seems the virus that causes obesity infects the system, makes irreversable changes to the genes within our cells (or somehting like that) and then expire.. leaving the host body (the person who is /was infected) with a condition that propells them to eat a lot and then store the food as fat... I do hope they come up with some sort of vaccene for this after they manage to identify how the virus goes about doing its horrible work..

Basically, stored fat is unused energy. That's not going to kill you at all. However, foods with high fat content tend to have high amounts of cholesterol (which builds up in your arteries and stuff) which will kill you. Before it kills you, it will reduce the rate at which blood flows through your body, and blood carries oxygen throughout your system. Without oxygen, you'll feel tired. If you're tired, you're not going to run a mile to burn off the stored fat.

I recently came across a show on the Discovery Channel..  about how obesity is caused by some sort of virus..  people infected with the virus develop an urge to eat uncontrollably and then store the energy as fat... 

It seems clinical tests were run spanning a few decades and across the Americas and europe..  and scientists have found conclusive evidence in numerous cases (although not all) of the virus causing obesity..  most of the people interviewed were actually relieved to hear that they were obese because of a virus - a reason beyond their control. ..  and other's who came up negative in the test were dissapointed that their being obese was not caused by a virus but some other reason - most likely a geneome problem...

It seems the virus that causes obesity infects the system, makes irreversable changes to the genes within our cells (or somehting like that) and then expire..  leaving the host body (the person who is /was infected) with a condition that propells them to eat a lot and then store the food as fat... 

I do hope they come up with some sort of vaccene for this after they manage to identify how the virus goes about doing its horrible work..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You make it sound like its a cause for most cases, in actual fact it only accounts for a slim portion of morbidly obese people.

Most people who are mobidly obese are that way purely because of their lifestyle. This modern age of parents feed their kids Mc Donalds and fast food, and its a scary idea but alot of the new generation of kids (those who are under 13 now) are expected to die before the parents due to poor diet and lack of excercise.

Technology makes life easy for us, watching TV is more appealing than going for a walk, all this makes life a struggle to stay slim. No offence to americans but your lifestyle (in general) is rather appauling, true us brits dont know for sure but with people like Bill Bryson writing books about rediculous he found america when he returned from his travels, how people drive to the neighbours... drive to the gym 100 yards down the road, and drive across the street to another shop.

So it doesnt suprise me that people are morbidly obese, and to be honest its not a great concern of mine, my sympathy goes to those unlucky few who do have the virus and cant control it, but its a small minority, the rest of them I have no opinion, its their life and they can do what they please, although I do find it annoying when I see people in wheel chairs leeching off the NHS (health service) because they cant take control of their own life, and use my money to pay for their lack of self control.

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me".

Then you'll understand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That movie is pretty sick; we watched it in Health class.

Obesity percents use to be a lot lower back then, before all of the well-known fast food resturants came out. Now, 65% of Americans are overweight. Some people are trying to sue the fast food resturants, but it was the people who eat there everyday that should be blamed for it.

In other words, obesity is deadly, but it is probably not on the top ten list of most deaths. (It might be 9th or 10th place.) Smoking is the number one killer.

marijnnn  Posted Today, 02:24 PM  today's paper said that fat people (with big body-mass indes) have smaller penisses... hehe.
glad to be slim!

I think that is an exaggeration! Of course, fatter people would appear to have smaller penises in proportion to the rest of their body. It would be like a 40 yo guy having a 32 inch waistline, and a 2yo kid having the same. The size is the same, but in proprtion to the rest of the body, it makes a huge difference.

Back on topic however, and the latest studies show that people who are slightly overweight live longer than gym-toned athletes. Nothing about 50 stone blobs living to 120. One of the suspected reasons behind this is that people who are slightly overweight don't deny themselves life's pleasures and so don't get so stressed about staying thin!

Glad to be slightly overweight. Might not be as big as yours but I get to use it for longer. :P:P:P:P:P

Glad to be slightly overweight.  Might not be as big as yours but I get to use it for longer.  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha! I like that. That's a good one :P

Basically, stored fat is unused energy. That's not going to kill you at all. However, foods with high fat content tend to have high amounts of cholesterol (which builds up in your arteries and stuff) which will kill you. Before it kills you, it will reduce the rate at which blood flows through your body, and blood carries oxygen throughout your system. Without oxygen, you'll feel tired. If you're tired, you're not going to run a mile to burn off the stored fat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically, it willl kill you because it stores the toxins in your system that eventually build up , and are stored in the layers of fat in a body. then if you don't loose the weight , the toxins will have no way of escaping and that's when disease often starts.

When the build-up of toxins in the body gets to be too mcuh, then the body will try to get rid of the excess by creating degenerating diseases that try to destroy the affected tissues, e.g. the whole body..that's where cancer springs up , and high blood pressure, and heart disease, or any other disease. You can bet that if you're slim & healthy ,you won't get those diseases. skinniness is a prerequisite for health.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you kidding me I don't think obesity is the lead causing death maybe close but not that close and are you kidding me people who dont work out but eat average a basic lunch breakfest dinner and like 1 or 2 times a week fast food if they feel like it they are less likely to die then a fat person who eats at mcdonalds or a pizzera uno come on boy use your head here. People who are obese suffer from a lot of things. Its bad to walk because their bones are being crushed by the mass of fat resulting in leg amputation sometimes (I know someone who had that had to be done to them) And fat people are most likey to die from food poiseing for eating so much , strokes,heart attacks, blood clogs, high colestroel and just so much more that fat people gotta worry about but then again what can we do theres more mcdonalds in america then hospitals.

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me".

Then you'll understand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha indeed, actually a very good point was brought up in that movie:

So 3 people are sitting at table, and one guy see's another guy smoking a cigarette, it would be acceptable for him to say "What the hell are you doing, don't you know your gonna kill urself?"

But then if the same guy saw an obese person overindulging, it would be unacceptable for him to say to the obese person "Hey what the hell are you doing, don't you know your gonna kill yourself?"