xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Psp Worth Buying?

i was reading through the poll of psp or ds...but it seems to have stopped dead in its tracks...but i really wanted to know if people thought that the psp is worth buying not whether they want it over the ds or notyes the psp is outragously over priced...and the ds is priced perfectly...and from the polls...seems like people would buy the psp even tho its pricier...why ? graphics? stylish look? sonys reputation ?i kinda get it...i mean...when xbox/ps2/gamecube came out i thought that they were outragously overpriced...but yet i bought them all...because they were suppose to be great consouls...and i suppose it is the same with the psp/ds/ngage thinger :rolleyes:and another thing...it seems to me that nintendo is taking back their rightfull heir to the throne... they seem to be getting a lot more out of their products than sony and microsft are...and it almost looks like microsoft is done with the consouls, that is if xbox2/xbox next/xbox 360 is going to be as bad as i hear...idk...i mean i could be over looking something i missed or maybe...out of my mind... what do you think ?

i think that the PSP is very worth it i have both a nintendo DS and a PSP and the DS is no where as good as the PSP. the PSP has better graphics and a lot better games. most likley the reason why nintendo is selling more is because the younger generation is buying the system. nintendo is aimed towards the younger generation and the Sony and Microsoft is aimed towards the older generation.out.

i think that the PSP is very worth it i have both a nintendo DS and a PSP and the DS is no where as good as the PSP. the PSP has better graphics and a lot better games. most likley the reason why nintendo is selling more is because the younger generation is buying the system. nintendo is aimed towards the younger generation and the Sony and Microsoft is aimed towards the older generation.out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not just because the younger generation of game players want DS, its because the better quality games are for DS, not to mention the PSP has Horrible battery life, and dosen't have a touch screen (Inovative idea that RULES ALL) not to mention the fans of any handheld gaming system will go with Nintendo since they have been riding around with the Gameboy since NES was around. And there is also the fact that the handheld PSP is WAY too over priced and if they were to lower the price they would be no longet making money on it because that da*n thing costs so much to make. AND DS has atleaced 10 hours if not more of battery (And it has a GOOD rechargable battery, not the PSP one that you have to buy separate battery if you want it to be rechargable, which if you don't you waste even more money to play your PSP for a couple of hours.

The PSP is a waste of money... You could get the DS for a little more then less the price of it, and I personally like Nintendo better. Sony is overrated and expencive. Also, Nintendo has the best classic games. (Mario, Zeldam ect.) So, buy a DS and not a PSP. If PSP lowers its price around the 150 range, (it probably won't) I might think about getting it.

:rolleyes: Dmaster Now I hold respect for you (instead of being mad at you because your better at the arcade games than me exept tetris hehehe) because you hold the same view about Nintendo and Sony and the "You could get the DS for a little more then less the price of it" didn't really get through though, did you meen with the DS you can get more quality games and funner games (not to mention a touch screen!) for less money, or that for a little more than half the cost of the PSP (Which is also true). I bet if we made a poll on this, which I probaly will after I post this most people would vote for the Split screen, never the same, long battery life'd Nintendo DS (Sorry I coulden't think of alot of stuff to say like ^ that, that I haden't already said).

PsP is by no means highly overpriced. Think of it this way? How much does an iPod cost? A little more than $100? And the PsP is a perfectly fine working Mp3 player with enough memory to get more than enough songs on it. Secondly, how much was that portable dvd player that some of us may have? Somewhere along the lines of $100-150? If seen a PsP play a dvd, and it is PERFECT picture. Now the PsP i BELIEVE goes for around $250 but I'm not quite sure. Now tack on the portable Playstation 1 1/2 (id say thats about the quality of it), and you have an all around entertainment system that is well worth it. It is expensive, but there is a reason why you can hardly find them in the stores anymore. Its the next big expense that I am saving up for. I know that some people would say they like the DS more, but if you are a fan of the Playstation, and are willing to save up a bit, go with the PsP. Plus if you are an RPG fan.... think of what is to come for the PsP, and then think of the games that will come out for DS. Its just a thought.

Yeah, Most of the games for the DS will be way way entertaining as opposed to "Metal Gear Solid The Card Game" Yes, MGS is a kick @$$ game but, not as a card game, I meen comon, cant they thing of ANYTHING better? Psp is WAY expensive even for what it can do, and what is with 1. "PERFECT picture" it has actually a low quality picture, DS has way better (My friend owns one and I play it every time I go over to his house and we bouth find the DS far far better video quality) The "but there is a reason why you can hardly find them in the stores anymore" I don't agree with because the stores I go to are already starting to remove, (Yes thats true remove) the PSP from the shelves because they are NOT selling. and the "Plus if you are an RPG fan" thing dosen't really mean anything, because theres ALOT of good rpgs that are going to be made They have 1 title coming out in the future from Square (so its most likely going to be FF somthing or another) They have the childesh but it also has intracate gameplay and a very detailed story line. So you can Say Nothing about DS that is not better (The gfx are also better, DS has the gfx of a system between GC and 64 which is about the same as the gfx of CounterStrike)And don't lie about the bible 23:13 "He spoke to Ephron so that all the local people could hear. 'If you will only listen to me,' he said. 'I am giving you the money for the field. Take it from me, and I will bury my dead there." Passage from :bible.ort.org} CS 1.6 (I know because I own a DS and GLADLY play games on my DS)

I personally think that the Psp has better graphics even though it is priced higher. It can also be an mp3 player and play movies. It's great for someone who travels a lot, but if you just sit in front of a computer most of the day, what's the point? I also don't really like the DS because of the touch screen. I mean, have to touch it to shoot, making it impossible to miss, I find that a little annoying when I played the Samus game.

I'm not an expert, what with me not owning any handhelds, but I've heard the PsP has a battery life of about 3 hours. BAD BAD BAD! Just so you know.

The psp is worth it, it has internet access, live tv, it is an mp3 player, and playstation games. You can also upload pictures. It is awesome!!!

Is PSP worth it ?

Psp Worth Buying?

I think the PSP is not worth it. I am an avid PC gamer and find the range of games on that platform much better. I think PSP is really good if you cannot survive on the road without gaming, and if haven't got another system to game on.

But if you do, why spend money on something like that? Believe me I had a PSP ( which I sold) because after a while I thought the games weren't great, regardless of graphics. I had Tekken (fighting game) and the Off Road racing game and bought became boring rather quickly, its just the way these games are designed, there is no challenge or variations, but its very glitzy and more for teens than someone else.

So if thats what you are looking for go for it, otherwise if you are heavy into music and like playing games with more depth and challenge , play games on a different system or listen to your music on a video ipod - which is much much better ----think about it for your money you can Video IPOD with 80 GB storage, full video - music capacity, high sound quality and you also got a couple of great challenging games on there which you can play on the go easily. Its much much more portable than the PSP. Up to you.

-Jay Crumblebee

I dont think a PsP is worth buying. I have heard reports of the joystick breaking off and I have also heard about games getting lodged in the PsP. I wouldnt buy one thats for sure. I have Nintendo DS Lite and im happy with it. It has WiFi, Internet connection, and theres also the dual screens in which one is a touch screen. I would highly recomend the DS over the PsP any day.

One of the big bonuses for buying a PSP is the ability to get homebrew on it. Now I don't know how capable a DS is with running stuff like that, but from what I heard, a PSP is capable of running home-made programs, such as emulators... Can you imagine playing Nintendo Super Mario Bros. on your Sony PSP? Irony! TOP SCORE! (Powerthirst reference) ;) I even think some N64 games can be played (albeit rather slowly) on the PSP.Taking the hardware perspective, the DS just isn't as powerful. The graphics for the PSP are pretty sweet, but I'm not a console gamer (PC gamer all the way baby, where's my mouse). So I really wouldn't play a PSP unless I could get some SNES games on it ^_^ My brother has a DS, and it's good for the games that utilize the touch screen. That brain training game with the Japanese guy is pretty cool. Couldn't do anything like that on a PSP... So I guess you have to go with what games are available for it. If you like Grand Theft Auto, get a PSP. If you like mostly E for everyone-type games like Mario Bros, get a DS.

I know this is old, but I bought a DS the day it came out in Australia.I've never thought the PSP was worth it and I rather Nintendo things anyway.