xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pss

Problems Dowloading Freebsd 5.3

Hi there,Has anyones out there met this problem before, I cannot download FreeBSD 5.3 iso images off their download mirrors. The download always broken somewhere around 50-70% of the file and cannot be resume in any way. I've tried with their FreeBS Centre mirror, Japan, Germany, Hong Kong ... mirrors, with or without download manager programs (Filezilla, Flashget...) but the results are the same - a broken download :-(Could anyones can help me to solve this, I acctually need FreeBSD but cannot buy it herein Vietnam.Tks!

Strange, it donloaded fine for me.and all the servers i found fully supported resumable downloads.all i can surgest is why not Buy a FreeBSD CD / DVD ?They only cost £4, so its probably faster, and cheaper to buy than download.

Strange, it donloaded fine for me.

and all the servers i found fully supported resumable downloads.

all i can surgest is why not Buy a FreeBSD CD / DVD ?

They only cost £4, so its probably faster, and cheaper to buy than download.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah...it downloaded just fine for me too...and i also ordered the cd(cause im weird like that) i just wanted to see if there was a diff between downloaded iso and their cd...but yeah...

anyways...if you still get no where...i think you should try downloading it with a torrent app...worked great for some of the other distros i downloaded...faster too...depending on how many peers your connected to..

if your new to torrents...then i think you should downlaod bit comet and use torrent search.com to find the linux distro you want...you should be able to find the freebsd 5.3 iso's on there pretty easily

Oh, I don't think FreeBSD CD can be ordered to deliver to Vietnam and herein Vietnam I don't have any visa/master card to pay over the net at all :rolleyes: Tks for all your reply, I'll try to download it by torrent then.