xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dream1405241490

A Template

Nice I dont like the picture though, you could probaly make it look alot better, like lower the brightness and the contrast a bit so it is a little darker, the lighter couch doesen't really work out all to well. If you can make listed portfolio, Clients, About Us and then Contact (The Contact Always goes last) And also make them separate buttons that you can insert Javascript into, to make them drop down menus. Make the picture have either a Slide show affect (it goes from one picture to another with a smooth deterating transaction). OR make it have a water scroll over effect (thats where it looks like water when someone moves their pointer over it, if you are not sure how to make one search for ANFYTEAM Java scripts online they are the best and they are free, all you have to do is edit the picture). and finnaly the left side of the cells (under "NEWS BREIF") should have a barrier from the left side (The part under "SCHOCON PROFILE") that's all I think.Just so you know those are ways just to spice it up, but otherwise that is an awsome temp and you could keep it the same way it would still be good. The things that I said are just ways to make the template a little more Java scripty :rolleyes: and if you don't choose to use them your temp will still be awsome.{edit} this will be the last post of my night. I will post to all of you whom need help tommarow.

oh wow, thank you so much, just what i needed I've been looking at how to make drop down menu for a long time now

this is really helpful

and thank you for your great comments

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: no problem lol. Go to DynamicDrive.com or JavaScriptkit.com to get those scripts.

{Edit} This is my third and last time saying this to everyone and myself lol, This is my LAST post lol because I'm Freeking tired.

It looks really great, looks like one of those sites that can be integrated into Flash very nicely, or with javascript. I agree that rolling down menus and transitions would make your site look very professional indeed. If you have more pictures maybe you can change the picture for each section, so like for portfolio, it's one picture, for contact us, it's another? Lost of professional sites use this effect.Not much to comment, you're really good at this!

That is actually not the design of my website (I’ll release mine after I’m finished with a few problems) It’s a site I am making for my old teacher (dude’s like 22 and his pretty chill) as a favor cause his current site isn’t that great. So yea there are a lot of pictures but the picture I am using is just an experiment to see how big of a picture I need to place inside the little area I have. Thank you for all the comments, its much appreciatedTo tell the truth, I am not a very original person as you can tell from the template, I gather the idea from many different sites I visite and combine the best of all of them to come up with my stuff. This one I actually got numerous ideas from a friend, he showed me the diagonals and the nice buttons heh

looks pretty cool. SOmetimes in order to get the content across, a simple and basic layout is necessary. Thus, I do believe this template is nice. As far as I can tell...a person looking into making furniture (?) will not be extremely pleased with a site that's too large or is too flashy lol. I think you made the right choice in keeping it conservative ^_^

I especially like clean sites when it comes to business, i've seen way too many businesses have heaps of flash and it just looks crowded, i also really like the colours, they give off a clean and professional look, it's a lot better to some furniture websites where they have tried to use some cheesey wood picture everywhere.

To tell the truth, I am not a very original person as you can tell from the template, I gather the idea from many different sites I visite and combine the best of all of them to come up with my stuff.

Don't worry about that, thats how many people get their ideas. They look around at layouts they like and get many influences from many sites and then add there own spice to the mix. I for one have a very hard time doing this.

I'm not really to keen on the font/style of "Construction Made Easy" and "Site map|Help". This is because I don't think that it really flows well with the other fonts and sort of sticks out.

yes thats true, those fonts really do stick out and is rather sour to look at.But I really have no idea what kind of font to use it, if I use any other font and make it small like that the quality is all messed up and looks horrible, I guess I can just make them larger and.... iono delete the slogan? Its really not up to me, I mailed it to my "employer" and I'll let him decide what to do with those piskey little texts :P

Looking good so far :PMaybe you gould inject a few more bits of colour into. Is the picture meant to go with the site theme? atleast it stops it from looking bare :PAm I right in saying you used to work at a place called DI?:P~ Munchie ~

Doesnt matter, but if you really want to know I will tell you :PThere once was a graphics from called Digital Imation, now closed because they founder didnt have enough time to run it. A member of the graphic staff was called Dream, he was one of the best. I saw your avatar and though it might of been him.Keep up the good work with the template though.:P~ Munchie ~

I like it. But, I think there should be a vertical line seperating the news brief and schocon profile section. Other than that, It's very nice. I too would like to see this once it's posted on the net.