xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nakulgupta

Half Life 2 Expanding?

Eurogamer.net is reporting that Valve has confirmed a Half-Life 2 expansion, titled Half-Life 2: Aftermath. According to the site, Valve employees Robin Harper and Marc Laidlaw spoke with PC Gamer UK about the forthcoming expansion.Apparently, Valve is working on the expansion rather than doling out the development to another studio, like it did with Half-Life expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Force, both developed by Gearbox Software."Right now, we're really, really good at making Half-Life 2," Harper admits.The specifics of the game are still very unclear. It is known that hero Gordon Freeman's sultry sidekick, Alyx, will play a large part in the add-on, but in what context is anyone's guess. Whether she will be a playable character, as previously rumored, is unknown.The expansion will take place immediately after the conclusion of Half-Life 2 and will see Freeman and Alyx fleeing from City 17 and its impending destruction. "You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game," says Laidlaw.Valve failed to mention any release dates or game-specific information in the interview

Me too....If HL2's release is anything to go by....we're probably in for a looong wait this time too. But the wait would be worth it hopefully.

How would they be fleeing from the scene if at the end of hl2 G-man takes Freeman from the explosion? could you send the link of where you found that to me?

I dunno....seems pretty fishy to me too...maybe G-man pulls BOTH gordon and Alyx from the explosion and puts them outside someplace. I took this post from my friends forum. I dunno where he got it. Check out Eurrgamer.netPs:- HUNDRED FINALLY!!! Am glad it was in a HL2 post.

true...that does sound wierdcause at the end it was all black but u , you know... but alyx was not there...if g-man got her too she probally would have been in the black(space or whatever u know) too... but then again u never realy know...

I guess we will just have to wait. Hopefully no one steals the source again right before it gets releaced. (Thats why it took 6 years to come out) I hope the expansion is good (Why am I saying this? It's HL2 of course it's going to be great.

ya that would be cool...but then again they might not...i guess we just to to wait, and in the mean time i'll just go back to playing CS:S and i was acually doing good last night...

:rolleyes: they probaly wont, otherwise they wont make any money. But Even if they do rush it, the game should be pretty good. I love hl2 and hl1 if theres an xpansion for hl2 I'll pay as much as they ask for it. (Im probaly one of the biggest hl2 fans there are.

What if they released an expansion similar to opposing force, where you play as a memeber of the Combine? Sounds unlikely, but I hope they start releasing expansions like they did for the first game.