xisto Community
chiiyo

How To Pamper Your Computer A.K.A. Accessorize~ Accessorize~

Some people treat their computers badly, but others pamper them, like me! >_< I just went out and bought my baby Powerbook (called Kana-chan!) her belated birthday present (her first birthday was March 15, just passed more than a month ago), a RadTech ScreensavRz, which cost me like S$30. Previously, when I first bought Kana-chan, I really splurged on the accessories. A nice comfy travelling case from Tatonka, new relatively portable Altec Lansing speakers, a Barracuda mousepad, a Logitech Mouseman Traveller mouse, Radtech Wildeepz, and a Roadtools Coolpad.

Now I'm looking at laptop sleeves... really tempted to get the Radtech PowersleeVz or something from Acme Made...

So, what have you done to pamper your computer? Hope I'm not the only one here that takes care of her computer~~

I clean my mouse once a week cause it gets greasy quite fast (mx510)Also I usually clean my keyboard and open the case and clean the inside every month.Of courseThe software side of the pampering :rolleyes:. Sometimes when i'm bored i just walk through my registry in search for useless keys and delete them. Also i do some windows tweaking.A format every 6 months (Windows tend to have the habit of wearing out after long use).I also bought the Zalman CNPS7000 B Cu cooler (around €35) to cool my precious Presscot Intel Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz CPU :). Because I didn't trust the boxed one really. Also Im planning to casemod my case, I want to saw a window in it and maybe add some sound-isolation material in it.

I used to defrag everyday. But when I realized I was doing more damage to my hard drive, then good, I quickly stopped. Physically though, I always clean my keyboard and mouse, and use anti dust spray to clean the inside of my comp. I'd polish my processor, but i'm not that brave :lol:

I don't buy any accessories for my computers. Seems like a waste of money, as you are rarely going to use them and they will only last you a few years. Sleeves? Protectors? Don't need 'em. If anything happens to my computer I'll simply file an insurance claim and buy a new one. :lol:

and maybe add some sound-isolation material in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of sound-isolation you will add? can you be more specific? im really interested in reducind bacground noise of my computer... so this would be very helpfull... :lol:

I buyed many accessories for my comp. Nice AltecLansing speakers, some cool blue controllers from CoolMaster, and such stuff.... I also clean it every month, and defragment it weekly... works like a clock...

I think pampering one's computer is just part of taking good care of it. Keeping the monitor cleaned and using canned air on the keyboard is basic maintenance, but some people don't even do that much for their computers.

If we think about it, our computers are our all-in-one communication and entertainment centers. We stay in touch with iChat, email and forums. We get our news and information online and share our thoughts with others. We can watch DVDs, those who have a dvd drive, at least. We store and play our music on our computers.

Naturally, being an extention of ourselves, our computers deserve pampering. They need more ram, they need the things that make the sound clearer and louder. They certainly deserve the best internet connection we can afford.

Right now I'm still in school and working hard for just the basics. So, what I'd like to get my iBook is just a dream.

Using good products like iKlear helps my monitor stay clean and it also cleans the plastic parts and keyboard. It doesn't leave streaks and that makes us both happy.

I have gotten my iBook the latest operating system, Tiger and that is kept current by diligent searching for system software updates. It is important to keep the software current. I also have iLife, which adds more to the computer.

Another important item that my iBook and I share is my iPod. We enjoy our musical times together.

When I buy something special for my iBook, I'll let you all know. Meanwhile, all of you, think of how much time your computer gives to you and how hard it works for you. Get the best mouse you can afford that feels good while you're using it. It spends a lot of time pointing and clicking for you.

That's all for now.

Keep on posting.

hmmm well i talk to my computer.. and when its actin funny i pet the tower hahaha... as far as pampering goes, i havent done much in the looks department, although i have been thinkin bout a new case... i upgraded graphics cards to the geforce 6800... and i bought another hard drive so the original isnt bogged down with stuff... umm got a new antivirus program and scanned, zapped, and cleaned the drives.. hmm other than cleaning crap outta the keyboard and occasionally cleanin the monitor thats about it haha

I buy a new mother board battery every month then i cllean my computer room lol I call it the dust free zone because if theres dust in there i clean it right away i was the walls of the room and vacum out my PC also i spay cleaner in my disk drive and floppy drive and on all the cables to make sure they stay clean so ya i pamper my computer and its really a good idea to spray electronic claner in your dsk drive and on all the cables just try not to get it to leak on ur mother board lol :D

I can't say that I've named my computer. Not this one, I mean. I remember an IBM (not clone - actual IBM) 486 that I had several years ago. She was "Bad Betty" which was also a BMX company's product-line logo. Their tag for their product was "Bad Betty: Built for Speed." Since I got this 486 about the same time that PII was really getting hot, MY naming of it for that spokes-cartoon was, uh, sarcastic, to say the least *smirks*Anyway ... this one has no name (yet). All that I've really done so far is to set up all the anti-invasion software to keep the system as safe and free of problems as possible ... uhh ... make sure that the section of my desk beneath this laptop is dust- and cookie-crumb free ... and ... that's about it.I'm really not into "pampering" it ... but maintaining it and treating it like something that I want to work well for as long as possible is definitely part of the routine.Which reminds me - I still have a system maintenance scheduler to configure.P.S. Stickers. This laptop needs stickers.