xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

Legal To Download Movies ... In France

Here is a bad news for Canadians, apparently there is a new copyright law against music sharing, ISPs are required to observer subscriber's online activities.

I didn't see in the article where it said that ISPs are required to observe subscribers online activities.

Wow, I think that is pretty cool that it is "legal" in France. I never thought that anyone would leagalize something like that, since it is pretty much stealing. Although, it is pretty hard to catch.

I think downloading movies is wrong. It is just so expensive to make movies and I don't know if theaters can cover enough of the cost. As for music, while I don't think it is that hard and I think a good band can make money of concerts. Well, just my opinion.

I didn't see in the article where it said that ISPs are required to observe subscribers online activities.

66079[/snapback]

What I'm stating is that, when this law gets passed, the CRIA can have the rights to request ISP to give user activity logs.

:) I've lived in Paris but i didn't know of this :D Nowdays, back in Portugal, i must say that in here we have problems, as least officialy, not unofficially we don't except if we start selling the hot stuff. I've seen several police interviews and they are only looking for big sharks that do large scaling piracy, common people (like us? :P ) that only does P2P for personnal use doesn't gets molested or investigated by no one :D Still we shouldn't agree with piracy and neither the less with the excessive high prices of music, software and movies. Lay down the prices and people will start buying more...i guess :D

Tonic, there's nothing about a new law. The only thing is that the government is just revising the copyright law. Please read the following sentence:"courts and Copyright Boards support the proposition that downloading and uploading of music is legal"xboxrulz

I've went to france bfore and i hate it i mean everything is so depressing dark houses crumbled walls, i hate their language. But this is pretty cool.

That is not right! I hate illegal pirating. Some things are ok, like I don't really think software should be made paid except for certain ones that a lot of time has been put into, but theres a lot of them now you have to pay $100+ for simple upgrades, which is just bullcrap. THe one thing I do not support though is illegally downloading of movies, and especially music. Music is my life, and if people keep downloading illegally, less and less songs are going to be coming out (we can already see this now). This is also partly why rap has turned so bad. They stopped caring about good quality songs if it might not even get much money for it, whereas they will get more money if they put together more, horrible songs. Ones that all say the same thing, but they found they will make more money that way, and that is all our fault. People who download music illegally, that is why we have so many problems here with the music crisis.