xisto Community
tcave

Which Computer Should I Get? the best value, etc..

I desperately need my own computer and I'll raise enough money to get one in a couple of months. I need help on which computer I should get.. I don't need much out of it, it just can't be slow. Any suggestions on what I should get would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm kinda new on the computer market, so I really don't know what's out there.Thank you.

depends on what you need it for...

if your not gonna be running much on it, like major games or software then check out best buy

click here

if you are gonna be running games on it...at higher res, and bigger software then you should try tigerdirect and see what you can put together there

click here

or if you really want to be cheap you can try price watch, kinda like bestbuy but better...at least i think so...

click here

...hopefully i was of some help...idk...maybe youve heard of these sites...maybe not...but i tried

Price Watch just gives a listing of lowest prices from all over the internet. Kind of like froogle, dealtime, bizrate, and many others. Maybe you should check out E-Machines? They are pretty cheap and if your going to be just surfing the web they should suffice. If you want to go up another step maybe check out Dells? They seem to have many different models that range from really cheap to really expensive, you should be able to find what you need there.

I'd probably stick more with a Dell...I've had to fix too many E-machines here at the college. :rolleyes:' You can go to their website and customize your own Dell to suit your needs and budget plus, every month they run specials where you can get free upgrades, free shipping, and so on...

I have an emachines PC and although it was really cheap at the time for the specifications, (£599), after using it for 2 years I've had to reformat it many times and sort out all the problems. It is slow as anything and won't run Linux properly. Furthermore, the support is dreadful and there is a reason for them being cheap.It's worth spending a bit more for a PC even if it comprimises the specifications, as you'll get the real quality.

My computer is from an ebay store called Select Computers, they are in the UK but not only is my computer top notch, the have excellent customer services, I blew the power supply and they took it back and fixed for it, and refunded me for PnP :rolleyes:They do basic computers but you can add upgrades to make whatever you want.My Specs:3.6ghz P4256 ATI X800 Pro2Gb DDR RAM200Gb HDFor about £1100 I think. And it has a nice case which glows blue :)Which of course add the sheer awesomeness hehe :)

I desperately need my own computer and I'll raise enough money to get one in a couple of months. I need help on which computer I should get.. I don't need much out of it, it just can't be slow. Any suggestions on what I should get would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm kinda new on the computer market, so I really don't know what's out there.

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is not a problem at all. I have been all the time buying and selling computers. Just tell me what you wana do with it like for business, or game, or entertainment or something else like that or for home use. I will soon rain you with lists of the beloved machines :)

I have an emachines PC and although it was really cheap at the time for the specifications, (ÂŁ599), after using it for 2 years I've had to reformat it many times and sort out all the problems.

Hmmm...That's odd. I'm personally on my second E-machines at the moment. Other than the fact that it has no AGP slot, I've had almost no problems with it, and have highly recommended them to friends who also have had good experiences with them.
Down side to e-machines is this, however, if you ever choose to wipe your computer, you don't have individual software disks, just a factory restore CD.

Make your own computer, cheap reliable and easy (not to mention there are REALLY good prices out there on pricewatch.com) I made my computer with the best equip out there from the stuff from pircewatch, I paied under 700.)

Be careful of secondhand systems at auction sites, often they are still overpriced as the person selling sets the value by what they paid (i.e I paid $1000 for this 3 years ago) rather that what they are worth.

Can I sell anybody a Microvax Unit (older Server equivalent to a 386) that I still have on the books at $10,000 ...... :rolleyes:

I desperately need my own computer and I'll raise enough money to get one in a couple of months. I need help on which computer I should get.. I don't need much out of it, it just can't be slow. Any suggestions on what I should get would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm kinda new on the computer market, so I really don't know what's out there.

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>