xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Caderay

Subdomains A question about Astahosts service

Hi, I'm hoping to get hosting here with Xisto. I'm going for the second package where you need 30 credits. I noticed in the application it asks what subdomain you wanted to use. I was just wondering, is that the only subdomain address that you can use or can you make a few different subdomains after you've been accepted? I mean, is there a members area where you can make other subdomains?

Caderay, if you use caderay.astahost.com you can then create: forum.caderay.astahost.com or friend.astahost.comYou can setup Xisto.com/forum or friend.astahost.com/blogthe options are endless. You have full access to cPanel, with lterally 100'ts of options.Nils

No, with 100werbspace.com you have one hosting account but you can make different subdomains under your one account."<yoursubdomainname>.cogia.net"You only get 100 megs of space but you can make 5 different subdomains under your one hosting account. I was just wondering if here with Xisto, can you do the same thing. Such as have one account with 150 mbs of space but you'd be able to make different subdomains instead of just being forced to use one subdomain address.Ok, thanks, that's all I wanted to know.My main subdomain is caderay.astahost.com and I want to create a new subdomain that is LBI.astahost.comSo far I can only figure out to make LBI.caderay.astahost.comI want to get rid of the .caderay and only have it as LBI.astahost.comHow can I do this?

That is not possible directly without the intervention of any admin. What you're asking for is a change of the subdomain associated with your hosting account. If you want the lbi.astahost.com - you won't be able to create or operate anything under caseray.astahost.com. Later on when you add more secondary subdomains to your account - they'll take the form, sub1.ilb.astahost.com, sub2.ilb.astahost.com etc. and so on... You cannot have multiple primary subdomains here at Xisto. When you get your hosting account, what you get in actuality is one subdomain - and the ability to create unlimited sub-subdomains under it.