xisto Community
tcave

Xbox Or Ps2? which one is better?

I've got some extra money and I'm trying to decide whether to buy an XBOX or a PS2.. I know PS2 has some good rpgs and XBOX has some good shooters, but I don't know which one's better than the other (like the better value).Or perhaps I should just wait for the next ones (PS3 and XBOX: whatever)

I've got some extra money and I'm trying to decide whether to buy an XBOX or a PS2.. I know PS2 has some good rpgs and XBOX has some good shooters, but I don't know which one's better than the other (like the better value).

Or perhaps I should just wait for the next ones (PS3 and XBOX: whatever)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PS2 Baby so much more fun and alot of more fun games then xbox but if I were you I would wait till the next generation comes out

I think that both have very good points and very bad points each.

XBox: The XBox has horrendous load times, and the games can tend to freeze up unless you modify the console in some manner. The console itself is rather heavy and takes up quite a bit of space, and the controllers do not seem to last very long. Every single one of my XBox controllers has a drag on the left analog stick that makes it go several spaces more to the right than I intended for it to in games.

There are only three games for the XBox that I enjoy (those being Halo, DDR, and Morrowind), so I would have to say there really is a lack of good games. XBox Live is an absolute hoot, though.

PS2: I have found that the PS2 is a fragile console, and if you get one of the older models, it will most likely have disc read errors. It is possible to fix that problem, but it is a long, tedious process during which you have to do your darndest not to tear anything else apart from the inside. I have no clue about online playability since my brother destroyed my PS2 and I have been unable to play it for about a year.

I have found that the PS2 has a LOT more games that I enjoy, as well.

It really depends on how much multiplayer and online capabilities mean to you, as well as game types. I personally would go for the PS2.

Well, it depends. The Xbox messes up a lot and only has a few games. The PS2 has a lot of games. You should not save your money for the Xbox2 PS3 because they come out in about 2 year min. (Actually I think PS3 comes out next year.) So, I would go with PS2, unless you can save up your money then go with PS3 when it comes out.

It depends on you really depends on what your into. If your up for sports or RPGs I would have tor ecomend you get a PlayStation 2 however if you are into first person shooters and multiplayer Xbox is the way to go expecially if you got a lot of friends. why yesterday we had 16 player Halo 2 among other things (DDR, DoA, & Naruto fighting game)If you have broadband such as myself I highly recomend Xbox and its Xbox Live. Very good stuff.

I beg to differ. There are quite a few dang good Xbox titles. Not only does it have its own exclusive titles such as Halo, Halo 2, Dead or Alive 3, Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2, Fable, Guilty Gear X2 #ReloadedBut many titles created for PS2 are also released for Xbox and at times the multiplayer is greatly improved by Xbox Live such as my favorite Xbox Live multi system games Rainbow Six 3 & Brothers in ArmsMany games are created for multiple system and whats made for PS2 most likely will be made for Xbox aswell. The two systems share many titles. While indeed I willg rant that PS2 has more games a lot of those are games I myself would enver have palyed anyways.I myself own multiple PS2s but I am willing to play devil's advocate if no one is willing to offer a diffrent opinion. Would be kind of stupid if we all stat here agreeign with eachother.But again what I myself would recomend depends on you. As I said before and I pointed out each of their advantages it depends on the gamer and what he/she is into.

From my experience, I've found that a lot more people have PS2's, which definately helps because more people will tend to have the same games, thus offering a larger player base =)I own both systems, and often find myself playing the PS2 more for its better sports/action games, albiet the Xbox does have some good RPG games.Cheers

well it depends, most people who like PS2 tend to be fanboys who owned a PSone.but trust me you have to get a XBox, i have had a Xbox since it came out and i have absolutely no regrets. this system's graphics are far better than PS2 or GC. plus if you have broadband you can play xbox live, it is soooo addicting. for the first 4 months after i got xbox live i was on 24/7, so play at your own risk LOL

I think that both have very good points and very bad points each.

XBox: The XBox has horrendous load times, and the games can tend to freeze up unless you modify the console in some manner. The console itself is rather heavy and takes up quite a bit of space, and the controllers do not seem to last very long. Every single one of my XBox controllers has a drag on the left analog stick that makes it go several spaces more to the right than I intended for it to in games. 

There are only three games for the XBox that I enjoy (those being Halo, DDR, and Morrowind), so I would have to say there really is a lack of good games. XBox Live is an absolute hoot, though.

PS2: I have found that the PS2 is a fragile console, and if you get one of the older models, it will most likely have disc read errors. It is possible to fix that problem, but it is a long, tedious process during which you have to do your darndest not to tear anything else apart from the inside. I have no clue about online playability since my brother destroyed my PS2 and I have been unable to play it for about a year.

I have found that the PS2 has a LOT more games that I enjoy, as well.

It really depends on how much multiplayer and online capabilities mean to you, as well as game types. I personally would go for the PS2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

damn I feel for you.. Xbox...having bad load time? Xbox has the fastest loading times of any system out there... the HDD alone proves that. GFX are needless to say superior on the Xbox over the PS2... 640x480 max Res on PS2..come on right there tells you something. My controllers have never had a problem... sorry to hear urs always break. I can say that I enjoy the PS2 for one game... God of War, the game is awesome.. but Xbox outshines PS2... Its just so much more powerful and games look better on it, and run better, no freezes on mine... again, I feel bad that youve gone through so much with you Xbox

Xbox is like a computer but improved to play some more games . PS2 its the ONE , More games , more fun , and better games also i advise u to buy the PS you will not regrate. cheers

XBOX has slightly better graphics than PS2 plus it has a huge harddrive... but PS2 has a lot of better games plus you can play Playstation One games on it unlike on XBOX. There are alot of games only released on PS2 and not on XBOX and few vice versa..