xisto Community
kevlar557

Picking The Perfect Case Its not as easy as it seems...

I spend $40 on my case and it looks awesome, coolings perfect and it fits perfectly with my motherboard and matches my Monitor's colour. You usually don't have to worry about compatibility as the vendor would only show you compatible casings as you tell them the Motherboard Model. The only problem with my Compute ris that it consumes a whopping 500 Watts. :P

Well I guess it is quite daunting for people who are trying to make a computer and don't know much about cases.The ATX motherboard fits matter A LOT and the cooling is important. Problem is people won't really know how good 400W cooling is and this is where problems come in.Good topic for putting all the things to look out for!Compuccino

My own case is quite nice looking. Personally I give it at least an 8 on the cool factor.However, right at the bottom there's a little door that pops open to reveal a couple of USB connections and jacks for headphones. BOTH USB connections are now dead as someone stepped on the USB cables (PC sits on the floor) and wrecked the jacks.I have tried to replace them, but it looks like I will need the original jacks and not generic ones.Overall it isn't a big problem as there are plenty of other USB sockets elsewhere in my system, including an audio break-out box.

Looks is definitely not the main thing to focus on. I usually like a mid tower since it provides a fair amount of room inside and have multiple 3.5" and 5.25" drive bays. The first computer I built was actually more for looks and the special lighting effects than anything. It was a blue case with the X insignia. I found it roomy and all but definitely could have gotten a cheaper case without all the lighting ;) Cooling in the system is not that bad, but can use an extra fan to blow out the extra hot air (as with most other cases if the back fan is not included).

I really like the Antec Performance I P180 Silver ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. One of the really interesting things Ive seen that you might want to consider is a BTX case. The loud, noisy PSU is farther away from you ears.Another piece of advice I'd give is to no go crazy with fans and just get as many as you can. Rather, you should try to go for fewer(but higher quality) fans. You really don't want to skimp and be stuck with a noisy fan. Look at Zalman.