xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tcave

Donkey Konga its addicting

I never really thought of actually trying Donkey Konga for GC because I'm a percussionist at my high school and I thought it might be annoying or something. But I thought, I'll never really know what it's like if I don't try it.. so I did. It's actually a pretty good game. It resembles DDR in a way. The difficulty levels are good even for an experienced percussionist as myself. I couldn't stop playing it, until I had to take it back to Blockbuster. I'll probably buy this game when I get more money.I just have one question. What's it like to play it if you don't have any experience in percussion?

Well, I'm a guitarist, so I have rhythm experience, but I suck @ drums. The game is amazing. The DDR experience I have probably helps out too, but I can do most of the songs at the hardest level and I only play it once a week at the most. Its one of the best rhythm games and non musicians can enjoy the music. I still want to play taiko drum master for ps2, though...PeaceAaron

I've only played it at the mall but I plan on purchasing it as soon as the price drops. I play bass so I too have some talent with keeping rhythm but I think the learning curve is diverse enough where almost anyone could play this game.

i think, the problem with donkey konga is the fact that the gamecube has no online service, if there was a online service, you could keep up with the hits. now it's almost like you buy a collection of numbers that are "out". it would be a great game, if you could downlaod (maybe at a fee) some new track every month