xisto Community
hast-webben

Web Design For Free Good applications to design an webpage

Hi,I know that there is an specific topic for freeware, but I'll add an specific topic at here to share my freeware expirence with webdesign.I've been using HTML-Kit for several years with great results, and I can personaly recommand it, as it generate good valid html.Then about the wysiwyg applications have I now tried and I'm much satisfied with the result with nvu, and also an good reasons to hail the people again behind firefox.Graphics can be made easy with GIMP, and it's least much powerful as Paintshop Pro or even Photoshop. The only but here is that it isn't looks like an typicaly windows application, but that's probably because it at first was made for Linux.With these above have I also entered the war against MS and all others who makes huge profit on applications that isn't worth it's cost.Hope above can inspire others....Cheers!Jens

humm.. i'm sorry... i only understood the half of your post...why did u post "Web Design For Free"...........?????????I thought you were giving out free web designs!!! jejeWhat's the name of the software you are actually recommending????

yeah, i didn't get it. at first, you were talking about HTML-kit. then, you were talking about graphics,GIMP,and a whole lot of softwares already. but i'm quite interested in what you're trying to say,so,can you please be more elaborate? and just like rapco,i also thought that you were giving up free web designs.i suggest, you change the subject line. :rolleyes:

Hi,Sorry, I had quit other intentions about this topic. The originaly intention was to give an example how to create an nice looking web design for free, but then now have I forgot the main point.Then did you give my an idea. Yes, I'm not agains to give it a try to help others with designing web pages etc. for free, as I think that it's cool and I also do need it for personal training, at same time try to give inspiration to others using past mentioned programs.Anyway doesn't I have any possibilities to change the main topic at this forum, but I would like to follow it up later.Thanks for inspiration and again sorry for the bad main topic.Since last have I created a couple of free tempelates, that I would upload some places in the near future. What I've done is that I've borrowed stuff arround, and mixed togheter with nice PHP applications, with possiblieties to change it into each behaviours.Few ajustments needs to be fixed but I'll add the url to the site where it would be to be found as soon as possible.I hope that this had made my past mistaken in this forum smoother.See you all...Cheers!Jens

Notice from Rudy:
Posts joined by Rudy

yeh i dont understande this at all its confusing but i really need the help bc im trying to learn how to creat web pages and stuff help pls

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of help are you looking for? coding or progams?

Hi,

I know that there is an specific topic for freeware, but I'll add an specific topic at here to share my freeware expirence with webdesign.

I've been using HTML-Kit for several years with great results, and I can personaly recommand it, as it generate good valid html.

Then about the wysiwyg applications have I now tried and I'm much satisfied with the result with nvu, and also an good reasons to hail the people again behind firefox.

Graphics can be made easy with GIMP, and it's least much powerful as Paintshop Pro or even Photoshop. The only but here is that it isn't looks like an typicaly windows application, but that's probably because it at first was made for Linux.

With these above have I also entered the war against MS and all others who makes huge profit on applications that isn't worth it's cost.

Hope above can inspire others....

Cheers!

Jens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain what you are saying, please? I don't quite understand because you seem to jump from topic to topic without being clear or explaining any of the topics that you discuss. Please talk <type> more slowly. :(

Can you explain what you are saying, please?  I don't quite understand because you seem to jump from topic to topic without being clear or explaining any of the topics that you discuss. Please talk <type> more slowly. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I agree that my first topic was a little too ???!!! I did tried to delete it but did refused, so therefor did I made new topic as a reply as you can see above. Sorry for all that confusing, if any need it do I hope that I could be some help in other ways.

See you!

Cheers!

Jens

I personally didn't find his post that confusing. What's so hard to understand about a guy posting some good freeware web development applications?I'll add on to this though and say that most of the freeware applications I've tried have been pretty limiting. I've since moved onto commercial applications (3rd party, not DW, GL, or FP), and I've been much more impressed. Of course, you get what you pay for.

I personally didn't find his post that confusing.  What's so hard to understand about a guy posting some good freeware web development applications?

I'll add on to this though and say that most of the freeware applications I've tried have been pretty limiting.  I've since moved onto commercial applications (3rd party, not DW, GL, or FP), and I've been much more impressed.  Of course, you get what you pay for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great! And thanks for your assistance. The trouth is like that my English isn't as good as it has to be, but not much the language as more like that I might think on diffrent way and did maybe lost the main point in what I did tried to say.

One part of what I did tried to say is not just to recommand some great freeware that I self have brilliant expirence with, but also to try to help others by support to use these freeware, as nothing is totally free and often freeware is released without that same support as you often can find in commercial applications.

Then the next part is also to try to offer help and support to newbees to start their own proff looking site with using these freeware, and even to come with some ideas or advices.

And finaly the last part is I still not quit proff to designing websites, but one way to be better is ofcause training alot..:-)

See you

Cheers!

Jens

It's sad that Graphics and web design forumz are full with commercial softwares and there are no topics around GIMP tutorials.

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program https://www.gimp.org/
It is for free and open. I'm just now started to learn to use it.
It takes ages still it starts but it offers more image editing functions than I have ever used.

And the web is full with tutorials.
http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/list/Tutorial-List-12.html

Hey, how can a new folder be opened in Free Web Hosting > Computers & Tech > How-To's and Tutorials > Graphics and Animation for GIMP?

This software really worths its price and its functionality now can be compared with photoshop's abilities.

Thanx Jen for the nvu. It was new for me. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I have created html pages with notepad and special self coded applications for multi language support. I didn't want to pay for Dreamwaver or Frontpage nor to use as pirate sw.
I think nvu has all the functions that I will need during my simple css based web page creations.

I know a freeware nice program as a matter of fact i like it better than photoshop CS2 or CS3its called Jasc PaintShop Pro 9 its alot easyer it use and have a few more fetures than photoshopso search it up on limewire or goolge it or somthing because i would recomend it highly

I did some professional web design a while back. I have been using front page, and more recently, dreamweaver. I absolutely love Nvu. Nvu has all the perks of Dreamweaver without all the junk most people don't need. The thing I like the most about Nvu is that it has a built-in CSS editor. If you ever want to start learning CSS you can do it through Nvu. There are also lots of help documents that will walk you through building a CSS style.Though a word of advice: learn to code by hand. If Nvu can't help you get the proper effect or look you want, you may have to manually go into your page and edit something. Not knowing what you're doing will make things a lot harder. Things will become fluent and easy to edit once you learn what it is you're trying to modify.As for other great freeware website apps, Filezilla is a great FTP program you should use to upload files once you have created a website. GIMP (as already suggested) is another great app very comparable to photoshop.That's about all I have in my web development arsenal: Nvu, Filezilla, and GIMP.