xisto Community
nakulgupta

What Is 3g The next generation mobile phones.

A 3G phone is one that can use 3G networks. 3G is an abbreviation fo 'Third Generation cellular technology', the first generartion having being analouge cellular and second generation being todays phones. 3G cellulat phones support upto 2MBps.3G is currently being deployed in every developed nation as well as in some other developing countries. India is still awaiting the governing body's recommendations (thats TRAI, Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India i think).3G has been assinged 230 Mhz of spectrum at 2Ghz for mumtimedia 3G networks.

Hi there

3G is the "new generation" in mobile phone technology. I have been working as a network designer for over 10 years in Australia on 2G networks [GSM], and am preparing to delve into 3G as we speak.

3G is still a digital network, like 2G, but has very different planning techniques - from a radio point of view. My main role has been designing and maintaining the 2G radio network, so I can answer questions about that.

Tell us, what your interest is in 3G?

Do you want to learn how it works (see http://www.umtsworld.com/) or visit Agilant, Ericsson or Nokia web sites for some "general" info about mobile networking.

frankly...im still tooo young actually to delve into some of the developer stuff(Im just 15). Actually the part about fast data tranfer really fascinates me. I've used GPRS on my GSM mobile and the speeds are reallly slow (14kbps max.) Thanks for the offer..if i want any more info ill definetly contact you...oh and Welcome to Xisto...Enjoy your stay!! :P

yeh its the 3rd generation of mobiles out today. its going to remove the old generation off the face of the planet!all the networks are offering 3g service now. i cant believe japan had to for years! theyre probably on their 4th generation. loli even heard they were going to have satellite streamed videos on the phone, like satellite television!

Thanks for the warm welcome.fast data transfer... on mobile... I think it sounds great as a marketing tool to say that we can get around 500 kb or more on our mobile - and it can be done. But for the first few years we'll be building a "voice" network. Later on will come the speed side of things. Though 2G will be around for quite a while yet.Japan - harriko - I am biligual in Japanese - and I love the place. Akihabura is the place to be, sadly I missed thte laatest expo there...Back to 3G -> The applications will come - soon. Now here's a thought --Since you have a bit of an interest in mobile + high speed data and perhaps computing, why not search the web and learn how to host your own mobile web sites ? All it takes is some fooling around - yes even with free services - to learn how these go together.I've seen this done by the blokes at work. But they don't know how to make a commercial reality out of it. There's a challenge for you !

I have a wap site, not hard, just some wml, very simple to learn a bit like RSS. SMF the forum software supports Wap modes, Wap1, Wap2 and a third PDA type. Very nice. Imagine posting on a message board while on the phone.....Also I wasnt impressed by 3G, I expected it to be better.

I have a wap site, not hard, just some wml, very simple to learn a bit like RSS. SMF the forum software supports Wap modes, Wap1, Wap2 and a third PDA type. Very nice. Imagine posting on a message board while on the phone.....

Also I wasnt impressed by 3G, I expected it to be better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P

WTF? I din't understand a word of that!! WOuld you mind explaining what on earth you were talking about?

Is WML the mobile equivilant of HTML?