xisto Community
NilsC

World's Longest Single Word Domain Name! Cracked me up when I saw it.

Goodness me, that is crazy haha. It would probably be funnier though if it really served an actual purpose and was not being the longest domain name just to be the longest domain name. :P

Goodness me, that is crazy haha. It would probably be funnier though if it really served an actual purpose and was not being the longest domain name just to be the longest domain name. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well it's a welsh village... It's lovely there and most of its people can't perfectly pronounce it either. A friend of mine can... it sounds really weird, but they use an abbrevation for it (try writing that on an envellop :P) but for the life of me, I can't remember.

PS In case this does not make much sense, I just got up and am going back to bed LOL

Cool but the longest domain name is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ guessAlthough it's not a single word, it's from a company, I wonder if they themselves can remember their url. :PEDIT:Dang, I read it wrong, the first things were subdomains.anyway, this one is supposed to be the longest for .com (63 letter limit)thelongestdomainnameintheworldandthensomeandthensomemoreandmore.com:P

there is also an longest email address, I have one, I registered one for myself long time ago, url for this email is:
http://www.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com/
It's entire alfabet actually... :P funny, and then you can open yourself there an email like:

anything_you_like@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com

Wooo!I just got an ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYXQBCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJK email address!6MB really doesn't seem like much now, compared to Gmail and that...:P

well it's a welsh village... It's lovely there and most of its people can't perfectly pronounce it either. A friend of mine can... it sounds really weird, but they use an abbrevation for it (try writing that on an envellop :P) but for the life of me, I can't remember.

PS In case this does not make much sense, I just got up and am going back to bed LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, most of the people in wales can speak it perfectly. Welsh is the only celtic language in the British Isles that is still widely spoken. It is taught in all the welsh schools and most of the population speaks it. In fact, there are even some non english speaking welsh people.

Some of these URL's are just ridiculous. What is the point in having the world's longest URL? Apart from the email provider site, these site's seem to serve no purpose what so ever other than having a long domain name. Some people must have too much money on their hands, because I know I couldn't afford to have a domain name registered that is going to serve no purpose.It is quite funny though... especially the email provider site. Imagine how annoying it would be to recieve emails from an address like that? Hehehe... would be a good way to annoy your friends =)

This is very queer... Whoever actually does this must have a lot of time on their hands! Longer the address, the more annoying the thing gets... I hate to have to remember and type out that address... I don't think anyone will be able to memorize it just by looking at it...