xisto Community

Im curious as to what people think about them. As far as a url, I think they're awesome! In general, they're pretty good too, but they can be a little slow and then there's that opening popup that I've heard crashes Internet explorer on some macs. Anyways here is the link.

i hate it. tk domains are annoying. Like you mentioned, it has that pop-up...plus it places everything into a big "invisible" frame which causes everything to run slowly. Plus, if anyone refreshes the page, it will jump straight back to the original tk domain because, again, tk places your site into a big, single frameset. Personally, I liked uni.cc domains more because they allow you to set the domain to a different DNS server like a .com or .net domain would. UNFORTUNATELY, uni.cc recently announced that they had had too many people signing up for DNS support, so they don't do that any longer. Luckily for me, i already have a DNS account so I'm good =P

Im OK with .tk domains. I have one. http://www.finaldesign.tk/ - try to check if mine have an popup. Look carefuly when you are applying for .tk domain. when you are registering there is a little catch: try NOT to check that little checkbox that says "display popup..." (it's somewhere in the marketing section) and there you go there is no more that annoying popup... But that thing with the frameset - that is the only thing what's wrong about them...

I like cjb.net domains... at least they can't force their ads if you use the DNS option... But URL redirections do have ads... you are forced to mask your URL (how they force the ads in an invisible frame) but can disable if you purchase ad-free for $9.99. But you have to keep your account active every 90 days which isn't too hard as they email you when your account needs to be re-activated.

Tk has really bad support, nad you have to give out your personal information, and you aren't even buying anything. I'd get a co.nr for redirecting address. Though I would just get a domain, like I did. .Tk drives people away... isn't TK some island off of California?

Well I use .tk domains and I think they are great. I mean I took off the popup. The frameset I did not even realize. It works really fast for me. And the refresh does not bother me but I can see how it can bother others.

I like cjb.net domains... at least they can't force their ads if you use the DNS option... But URL redirections do have ads... you are forced to mask your URL (how they force the ads in an invisible frame) but can disable if you purchase ad-free for $9.99. But you have to keep your account active every 90 days which isn't too hard as they email you when your account needs to be re-activated.

$9.99?! I could purchase a top level domain for less than that. Im afraid thats a ripoff. And then you have to keep your account active on top of it.

To be honest, I've never liked .TK.So many people get websites with them because they're free, it just seems tacky to me when I see a .TK website.$9.99 is a bit of a rip off. It isn't hard to find domains cheaper than that.

Im OK with .tk domains. I have one. http://www.finaldesign.tk/ - try to check if mine have an popup. Look carefuly when you are applying for .tk domain. when you are registering there is a little catch: try NOT to check that little checkbox that says "display popup..." (it's somewhere in the marketing section) and there you go there is no more that annoying popup... But that thing with the frameset - that is the only thing what's wrong about them...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well thanks you very much for providing me info that popup for the .TK domain can be cancelled, i had never visited marketing page of their service, now i am very much relaxed and all credit goes to you, believe me i came to Xisto to ask for some script which disables that popup but u proved to be a solution provider for me, weelll thanks again and keeep in contact with us..:rolleyes:

.tk domains in my personal opinion are great i'd never had problems with it althougt its a little slow but there are no good free domains to choose. at least i dont know none.

can anybody please tell me why the email forwording option of dot.tk is not working, it worked a long time ago but not now, what is the problem here??????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you made sure you've set it up correctly?

You need to set it up for each different email address you want to forward (or at least thats what it was like when I used it).

Have you tried http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/? You get unlimited email forwarding from them.

You could use cjb for your forwarding email and .tk as your URL.