Abstract

Imagination

Personal interset

Self expression

Inspiration driven

Exporing

Freely

No time constraint

And I think , design concepts and priniciples provide a basic guideline in organizing various design elements or aspects , say line . space , color , form , type , and image into a beautiful visual composition.

I really don't understand the point of this topic? Maybe because my bad english... Anyway can you explain what do you want to say here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i don't think it is because of your 'bad' english... although mine may not be the best, i do understand most everything when i read, and there seems to be no real point in this topic, besides discussing Commercial Arts Vs. Fine Arts (title).

i would suggest a poll for these kind of topics, but i think it is too late. maybe you (hihihihi88) should be more clear about what you want to discuss, do you want our opinion on what we like best? or is it something else? if this turns out to be a discussion i know anything about, i will post :P

I also like fine arts more, but commercial arts are easier for people to understand as a whole. With fine arts you have to stop and think about what the artist/author is trying to express through the work whereas commerical arts is more practical...as hihihi stated, for a informative and purposeful situation. So i guess what I'm trying to say is...it depends on the situation... =/

well i don't think it is because of your 'bad' english... although mine may not be the best, i do understand most everything when i read, and there seems to be no real point in this topic, besides discussing Commercial Arts Vs. Fine Arts (title).

i would suggest a poll for these kind of topics, but i think it is too late. maybe you (hihihihi88) should be more clear about what you want to discuss, do you want our opinion on what we like best? or is it something else? if this turns out to be a discussion i know anything about, i will post :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you friso

I am now studying media art course so want to share my idea of art and design .

Design is seem like art , I think it can called commerecial art .

In my view I like fine art as ChronicLoser . But , you know , every one should earn money continue our life . Many art work can't earn money easily , especially in Hong Kong . However , I like art , but doing commercial art work . I feel so boring every day .

And I want to get everyone opinion that what would think about the different between design and art . And what art you like most . :)

I dunno but i like fine arts for some reason. When i've completed a piece and look at it, it makes me feel good and have achieved something :rolleyes:. And since you express yourself more with fine art, i think i enjoy it more since i can sort of relate to it (if you guys know what i mean) like if it's a depressing piece theres a reason for it looking that way, something in my life that i have remembered as horrible and got inspiration. I dunno but thats just the way i feel

commercial art (good ones!) are important because they influence and define a large part of our lifestyles! when youre on the go and you see a billboard with a dressed model, or an ad for a pair of jeans that you like, it influences your dressing desires and subtly alters your priorities. even if you dont have the opportunity to visit the museum and art studio, you are influenced by art, commercial art, everyday. its what makes everyday life colourful and beautiful. :rolleyes:

commercial art (good ones!) are important because they influence and define a large part of our lifestyles! when youre on the go and you see a billboard with a dressed model, or an ad for a pair of jeans that you like, it influences your dressing desires and subtly alters your priorities.

even if you dont have the opportunity to visit the museum and art studio, you are influenced by art, commercial art, everyday. its what makes everyday life colourful and beautiful.

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very good ~~!

I agree commerical art is very important this day,

we can easily find commerical everywhere

I'm going with commercial arts. I did a bit of graphics a while ago, and when you think about it, commercial art can get really awesome, quite creative and original. Plus, they can have great concepts and really clever ideas behind them, making them 'smart' as opposed to 'emotional' which I think fine arts is centered around. emotion, self-expression, all that stuff. I'm not a big fan of fine arts, so i guess my opinion here is a tad biased! :( But yeh. Commercial arts rock, you can get some really great ones, so CLEVER and thought out and created with high standards. Think about it, you have to be really talented to create good commercial art, seeing as how it makes or breaks careers/businesses/etc. whereas fine arts anyone can do.Again the bias, i really gotta stop doin that lol

I personally think that Commercial Arts could be fine art. Anything can be art really, it all depends on the people and how they view the piece of work. Every work usually sends out an image, that image can be taken for anything the person wants it to take. I think I am a little bit confused on this subject so if you think I am wrong please explain!

Comm vs. Fine

Let's Talk " Commercial Arts Vs. Fine Arts

I believe there is a very fine line... But a very definite line nonetheless. There may be a lot of art WITHIN a commercial art piece/project... But THAT doesn't make it "fine art." I think it should be "art, for arts sake" and not something that is meant to sell a product, create an image, or brand a company... Before you can consider something as "art." Otherwise it may only be "artistic or creative"... Which is not a bad thing either right?

It's true - that graphic design is an amazing form of art... And very well respected as it should be. But in most cases, the end result is to only grab attention or sell a product.

-Jeff Johnson

I'm not sure if this will make anymore sense than the first post in this topic but .....basically fine arts i would classify as something that the person wanted to make vs. wanted to sell and there for is what the buyer wanted. this usually equates to either simple messages vs. entire stories (a movie vs. a tv commercial) and artists are usually classified as people that think to much even by other artists so they look deeper and understand a bit more than the person that buys art (why buy something you can make ? there for unable to create the art and therefor more limited understanding of abstract concepts like emotions and such) so my synopsis is this...fine art=more complex and there for decor is fitted around itcommercial art= less complex and there for is made to fit existing decor(i.e. buyer of art says "this painting matches my living room suite so I think I will buy it to hang in the living room" vs. "this sculpture just sums up how I feel right now so I am going to get it and buy a new living room suite to fit it")if I think of anything else profound enough to warrant a post I will come back and do more than read others responses :)and by the way these are my opinions and the opinions of the people at a local art wholesaler that I sell some of my pieces to