xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

Google Ads?

How would I go about putting google ads onto my SMF forum?Ideally what I would like to do it to replace the stupid News box with a section for Adlinks, as they have a high clickthrough rate. Does anyone have any advice?

To start, SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is a Bulletin Board System (BBS). Similar to the forum BBS we use here at Xisto.

I suggest that you read the post at the top of this forum's index called: Pinned: SMF: Simple Machines Forum - General Descritption. This will start you off on the right foot.

As for Google Ads, it wouldn't be difficult to insert the script in to the template.

--> To start, choose which template you want to use. (If users can choose from a selection of templates, then they all must be modified.)

-->The file to edit in many cases will be public_html > {FORUM_DIRECTORY} > Themes > {TEMPLATE_NAME} > index.template.php

--> If you are planning to replace the newsbox with the Google Ads, then you will need to replace the newsbox code with the code provided to you by Google.

--> --> Without knowing which templates you are using and not having a sample og the Google code, I can not get more specific.

YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW SOME PHP AND HTML TO COMPLETE THESE MODS!

Please post specific information so I may better explain how you can make the necessary changes. In this case, I would prefer to explain one template to you and then assist you if you need help with additional templates.

Happy Modifying, :P

vujsa

Theres a new mod, Banner Mod V4 and it has support for google ads, just give it some account details and it will cycle your ads for you, no need for manual code editing anymore, also soldat you are wrong, SMF has a VERY advanced but simple theme engine, go have a look and SMF is stable and handles loads a lot better.