xisto Community
MajesticTreeFrog

Colaborative Tutorials

Ok, Since many here are wanting to learn to use certain programs, and others already know how, I think it would be good to put together a set of community tutorials for the major packages out there like photoshop, flash, etc.I personally know photoshop, and I would like to learn flash.

We have a thriving tutorials section here at Xisto. This section is subdivided into numerous sections, and as required, new sections are created. If we ever have enough tutorials on one program, then there will probably be a new section created for it. Until then, please utilize the handy dandy search function.Another reason not to create a new section for each program is that many of the ideas expressed for one program (such as photoshop) can be used in another program (such as the gimp).~Viz

That isn't a bad idea MFrog... not bad at all. Whether we create a new section for it or not - the idea is simply great. We can still put all our combined knowledge in together and chalk up something really great. But it'd involve a whole lot of co-ordinated groupwork - probably with the help of something like an online CVS - otherwise it'll be quite tough to put the pieces together.

We would need opaque's approval, possibly even his active aid, to set it up.As for crediting posts, there are two ways:Adding approved posts(posts moderated as helpful, much like how we already do tutorials) would count as normal. Edits(such as clarity and organization) that are approved may have to be set up so that moderators choose how helpfull the edit is and assign points manually. I am open to suggestions.