xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cj2005

Iexplore Vs. Firefox

Internet Explorer Or FireFox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IE FOR LIFE :mellow:I am using Internet Explorer 7.0 beta and so far I love it !( better security built in + IE6sp2 features + TABS!!! horray )the only thing I hate about it is that tabs can only be at the top , I love Maxthon on the other hand cuz it'svery customizable I have nothing against FireFox but I tried it and it looked like it needs a while to get used to .. so I dumped it and it's not very configurable as maxthon .I SUPPORT MICROSOFT AND INTERNET EXPLORER ! HELLO "MajesticTreeFrog" HEHEHE

IE FOR LIFE :mellow:

I am using Internet Explorer 7.0 beta and so far I love it !

( better security built in + IE6sp2 features + TABS!!! horray )

the only thing I hate about it is that tabs can only be at the top , I love Maxthon on the other hand cuz it'svery customizable

I have nothing against FireFox but I tried it and it looked like it needs a while to get used to .. so I dumped it and it's not very configurable as maxthon .

I SUPPORT MICROSOFT AND INTERNET EXPLORER !

HELLO "MajesticTreeFrog" HEHEHE

1064325328[/snapback]

See, I logged on, got your message, and of course saw that you had replied to this thread. I was thinking, "he is totally gonna post some pro MS/IE thing". And I was right. Welcome back Cryptonx.

Anyway, go ahead and rile people up. I am too lazy to care unless you do something really stupid. Rawr. Or...something.

it's a question very tricky, altough the answer may appear to be very simple : Firefox ! But there is more to that ! It's kinda like comparing 50 Cent with Jadakiss ! Why ? Because 50 Cent sells more cd's than jadakiss... and IE it's used a heck lot more that Firefox, but the experienced listner knows that jadakiss is better that 50 cent, like the experienced web surfer knows that Firefox is way better that IE ! And if you only think about the tabbed browsing ability, that, in my opinion is one of the most usefull new features in all the software industry altough it is very simple if you think about it, not to mention about the number of bugs and security breaches that IE has ! But so was the weel, and look how much it took for that to happen :mellow: !So if the question was : "Which is better ?" Firefox is the answer in 99.9 of the cases ! But if the question was : "Wich is most used ?"... IE whould of been in every one's lips ! It will be hard for any browser to compeate with IE regarding the number of users (look at Netscape), because of the fact that the average user, that surfes the net, dosen't even know about Firefox or Opera (wich is another very good web browser) ! So... it's a battle in wich IE has the not deserved upperhand !P.S. The tabs in opera are the best !

... like the experienced web surfer knows that Firefox is way better that IE !

No no no ... :mellow: ... this is arrogance, nothing else. I AM an experienced webuser, and I KNOW that Internet Explorer is the best browser in the universe. What now? Do you consider this an argument? I guess not. What I'm trying to say is this: Please don't think that all IE users are stupid or unexperienced!
Most of the IE users simply use their IE and keep their mouth shut about that topic. But the Firefoxers never get tired of telling everybody how good and safe their browser is and how bad and evil Internet Explorer is. I wonder WHY??? Can someone explain?

A Mercedes owner KNOWS that his car is the best, and a Ferrari owner also KNOWS that his car is the best. But they both spent their time in enjoying RIDING the car and not in talking which car is better than the other and how stupid the other car is.

Internet Explorer is very dangerous! I have heard about loads of insecurites in iexplore, iframes, images executing malicious code and loads more so i decided to switch to an alternative browser. After some persusion from my friend i downloaded Mozilla Firefox v1.0. I still use it and i love it, best of all it is secure. Apart from it being more secure you can download loads of extentions from update.mozilla.org. There are loads of things that firefox has that internet explorer doesnt. Heres a list of things firefox has and internet explorer doesnt

Tabbed Browsing - Excellent

Loads of Extentions

build in search bar

built in popup blocker

downloadable search engine to add onto the search bar

Firefox Rules :mellow:  :P  :huh:  :blink:

---------

Jipman : this has nothing to do with exploits or any other security issue, moved to software -> internet & network clients

1064297536[/snapback]

FF is really good, it load the page faster in most cases. Installing an extension is very easy. And that's what make FF better and better.

But, both FF and IE sometimes crash the system. There're always bugs inside a soft. Both of them need more improvement.

I've heard about the next generation of IE, it seems to be better than the current one.

hi,

i know ur guys love firefox, well, perhaps,

could give "opera" a try, it is freeware now ;)

http://www.opera.com/

the best thing is, they would include a bit torrent client soon in opera browser, (opera comes with FTP client - download only, cannot upload)

well, for those who loves ALPHA&BETA ware. (courageous guys)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

IE, leave it asap!!!

i found a website which when viewed with IE, well, would hang ur system almost instantly :-p

well, img width=8888888888888 height=99999999999999999,

try a simple HTML file with the above crazy width and height units,

ur system would hang and reboot!!! beware

Yeah, Firefox beats IE any day. Its got so many features. Whats amazing is that it was co-designed by a 15 year old.

1064297639[/snapback]

It doesn't surprise me. When I was fifteen, I knew a kid who was ... twelve? Eleven, maybe ... who programmed his own apps and really, really made a lot of the adults around him look like amateurs. It was pretty sweet, because he came up with his own version of WordPad because he didn't like Microsoft's very much. It's too bad I'm not still in touch with him - if only for the free progs *grins*

Have no doubts... It IS Firefox! Or whatever they choose to call it the next version (It was called firebird earlier tongue.gif )

1064319386[/snapback]

I thought it was always called firefox, afterall, ThunderBird is the email client. They will more than likely keep the same name throughout, it has got a large reputation.

At the moment, every forum I go onto and every FireFox manic's website I visit, there are hundreds of icons and avatars that are getting people to switch to FireFox. This makes the exisiting IE worse. People complain a lot about IE, especially me, but what we fail to realise, is that it requires user input to make things better. And that is where FF is superior.

Microsoft, has always been about itself. The CEO doesn't understand the term of market research, and base all their ideas on single-threaded logic. Mozilla, on the other hand have taken the step of using Open-Source by the neck. Microsoft products will always need improving, as long as it is company-dependant. They need to open up into the massly expanding market of the OpenBSD, in order to gain the respect they urgently need.