xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cj2005

Iexplore Vs. Firefox

Internet Explorer Or FireFox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Internet Explorer is very dangerous! I have heard about loads of insecurites in iexplore, iframes, images executing malicious code and loads more so i decided to switch to an alternative browser. After some persusion from my friend i downloaded Mozilla Firefox v1.0. I still use it and i love it, best of all it is secure. Apart from it being more secure you can download loads of extentions from update.mozilla.org. There are loads of things that firefox has that internet explorer doesnt. Heres a list of things firefox has and internet explorer doesnt

Tabbed Browsing - Excellent

Loads of Extentions

build in search bar

built in popup blocker

downloadable search engine to add onto the search bar

Firefox Rules :P:P:o:o

---------

Jipman : this has nothing to do with exploits or any other security issue, moved to software -> internet & network clients

Edited by jipman (see edit history)

Hate to spoil your dream but there are indead sploits for FireFox.

Nothing is perfect and nothing will be perfect.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/?ref=gs

although it probably is fixed already, this proves that nothing is unexploitable

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The advantage of Firefox is that anyone can fix an exploit. People aren't dependant on Microsoft or anyone else to fix stuff. This means that patches often happen very fast.

Also, some things aren't exploitable, as far as anyone knows. Such as OpenBSD. No remote exploits found for something like 10 years. But then again, security is sort of the most important thing in the universe to that group.

Oh my gosh yes I agree entirely. Firefox is the heavyweight champion IMO.

Extensions galore, themes galore, support galore, security, ease of use, stumbleupon extension is brilliant, can't say enough.

Slimbrowser is also excellent, and there's always lynx!!

Internet Explorer is very dangerous! I have heard about loads of insecurites in iexplore, iframes, images executing malicious code and loads more so i decided to switch to an alternative browser. After some persusion from my friend i downloaded Mozilla Firefox v1.0. I still use it and i love it, best of all it is secure. Apart from it being more secure you can download loads of extentions from update.mozilla.org. There are loads of things that firefox has that internet explorer doesnt. Heres a list of things firefox has and internet explorer doesnt

Tabbed Browsing - Excellent

Loads of Extentions

build in search bar

built in popup blocker

downloadable search engine to add onto the search bar

Firefox Rules :P  :P  :o  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fire fox is deffinatly better its user interface with the tabs and all is so good. i only have iexplorer because i cant view some things in firefox. to me thats its only down side.

Yeah firefox has loads of extentions and the tabbed browsing is one of the best features ever designed. I didn't know it was co-designed by a 15 year old. Where did u find that one out.

About the security issues, i am not aware of any but there are most likely to be some.

Not as many as internet explorer though. The fixes are as often as internet explorer.

Get Firefox :P:P

I personally hate Internet Explorer because, in my opinion, it has many problems. I think there are too many bugs in the program. Also, whenever I use it on the other computer (it's not on my personal computer), it also closes on me and I have to start everything all over again. :rolleyes: It might just be me, though. :)

Internet Explorer is very dangerous! I have heard about loads of insecurites in iexplore, iframes, images executing malicious code and loads more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most user is still using it, the main reason is, this bowser is integrated with Windows OS. Some people don't want get complicated with another browser that they have to download it, then install it manually. They just want to browse the web, and installing another browser is a waste of time. They never know about what ActiveX can do to their computer, or even worse, they don't care.

About the security issues, i am not aware of any but there are most likely to be some.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should aware of it, internet is a modern wildlife, there are too many security thread. Firefox has a periodic update checking, it will check for updates of extensions, themes and Firefox itself. use it and you will be one step more secure.

I personally used firefox since 0.9. Untill now, i never find any major problem, excep it doesn't suit with my 128 MB memory. Longer I use it, bigger system memory used by it. Maybe my W2K SP4 is not really stable, so the memory management is not too good. Though firefox is secure, it will be better if you use it under GNU/Linux or another UNIX based Operating System.

I absolutely love everything about firefox. The reason I use the SBC browser is because I can sign into it and the easy login of yahoo features... I still have it installed on my computer. I use it when I don't need to login to anything (for quick access to something).IE is out of the question

firefox is better than IE but eventually it will became target of advetising company and further more there will be more annoying popups and bugs that give chance to people like "coolwebsearch" to advertise their stuff. It's just that way.

Definetely the best features of Firefox have to be the improved security and the tabbed browsing. I use it ALL the time when I browse a forum. You just click on "View New Posts" then ctrl+click on all the ones that interest you... like I'm doing now :)And it saves you having a million windows loaded up on your start bar or having to go back to find another one that interests you. Overall, I tried Firefox one day and I'm never going back to Internet Exploiter.

Now I go for firefox, since it better than internet explorer. I just download firefox a few days ago. It's quite cool. However, is it possivble to use that save target as function.

However, is it possivble to use that save target as function.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you were trying to say that the Save Target As function doesn't work in Firefox - but it does. In firefox, it's known as Save Link As - you get to it the same way by right-clicking on a link.

Not only is Internet Exploder (I liked the use of exploiter, that made me laugh :) ) bad for the user, but it's irritating for the designers as well. In my personal experience FireFox has displayed webpages that I create better than IE. I haven't really gotten into the CSS yet, just doing simple things as of yet to learn it, but IE will mess up your tabled layout if your lazy and try to make the layout a giant table, like I did before I knew better :). As to the advertisers focusing on FireFox... As good as Firefox is, it will probably not become as widespread as IE because, as someone stated earlier, IE comes with Windows. Because it won't be widespread, FireFox won't be targeted nearly as often as IE will. That right there vastly increases the security of FireFox and explains the severe, and welcome, lack of spyware/viruses/pop-ups.