xisto Community
redsox58

New Video Card (PCIE) What type?

I am looking at building a new computer I've found all the parts I want except for the video card. I will be wanting a PCIe x16 card. And under $150, I don't need/want to spend a whole lot of money for really nice graphics just somehting that will be able to play the latest games. Thanks in advance. I had no idea there were so many different types of video cards

I am looking at building a new computer I've found all the parts I want except for the video card. I will be wanting a PCIe x16 card. And under $150, I don't need/want to spend a whole lot of money for really nice graphics just somehting that will be able to play the latest games. Thanks in advance. I had no idea there were so many different types of video cards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey,

I just got a new card put in mine its an ATI Radion 9250. I'v found it realy good for my needs (Gaming and Photo editing) and it was about a $100. only problem is no digital vidio out. :P

I think the best site to get cheap computer parts is pricewatch.com and the best store probably fry's because you gotta love their return policy... it's not much of a hassel returning items if you buying from fry's than online...

ah, now in my own experience, in the 5000/9000 range, ATI wins with the 9800 Pro. (which is 150$) In the 6000/X series, Nvidia wins with the 6800GT being the top card. (I pick the 6800GT, and not the platinum, because your second best card is always your best Performance:Value ratio.) In this months computer gaming magazine, which i dearly love, that and maximumPC, they have a thing on top budget video cards.at 150$, the 9800pro wins, they best they have on here is a 6600GT at 200$, which scored 25% more in the synthetic benches, but double on the Doom3 FPS bench (compared to the 5/9 line). Once you jump into the 6/X line of cards, the extra pipelines become very evident in modern games like doom3, farcry, cronicles of riddick. If i were you id go with the 6600gt.