xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Seaworm

MP4 Players should i?

Okay i got myself an MP3 player fairly quickly, like straight away, and i use it all the time then i think hey why not get the next thing an MP4 player so i look on ebay, because thats where i got my MP3 and they WERE averaging at around £200 now sure i could spend that much but would it be worth it i mean should i just wait till they rocket down in price like MP3's did or get one now?

By MP4, I assume you mean video players (the mpeg4 codec).Well, certain things to note about mpeg4 players, is really what type of codecs they accept, what is the size of the screen, how long is the battery life, and what kind of shows you'd be watching on it. For example, for me, I watch a lot of fansubbed anime episodes, where I really need to see the subtitles, so a screen that is too small for me to see the subtitles would be bad. On the other hand, since each episode is only around 30 minutes, battery life isn't that big an issue for me. Now if you would want to watch, let's say movies, on your player, battery life would probably be a big factor for you, as opposed to screen size.I think the price is okay, you can plunge in now, mpeg4 players have been around for some time now, the major price drop has already happened.

I have a PDA. an Hp rz 1715..it can be easily used as an mp4 player and its very small compared to soem of the hard drive players on the market. also the screen is quite large. It used an Sd card which can hold quiete a few short movies or a large one depending on how muany MB;s are on the card. But if your a movie enthusiatst and love to watch movies i would recomend the archos Gmini. the screen is slightly small but so is the player. it wis very compact and you can even play games on it.t the battery lie is exceptional. Check https://www.cnet.com/ for the full review

ok, i recently got a mp3 player. a creative zen touch...battery lasts up to 24 hours and it holds around 10,000 songs. i was goign to get an mp4 but decided alot of the time i am not going to watch a movie on a small screen if i dont even like watching movies on my comp. so if you feel u are unsure about the mp4 defenatly get the creative zen touch mp3 player.

i have a creative zen touch as well. the battery life is as long as advertised....a refreshing change. i also figured i wouldn't use it for movies. why ruin the experience when you can watch it on ur tv, computer, or laptop? but for music it's become indispensable.downside is that you can't take out the lithium battery. i guess you have to take it in to an authorised dealer to change it if it goes dead, but for the price... worth it.i paid $270 for the 20 GB model.

Hey,The only problem that i seem to have with MP4 players apart form their excessive price tags is that many of them dont support many codecs / file types as you may like. You can get ones cheaply but all the decent ones with decent supporting of multiple codecs cost heaps.

If you have SD cards you can get a cheap SD card MP3/MP4 reader which costs bare and you can plug your SD cards in to bulk up the storage inexpensively, this is useful if you carry your SD cards around with you can you need a reader too.

I have a 30gb video iPod and by video they mean it can play not only mp3 but mp4 as well. I thought the ability to play mp4's would be awesome. I mean it was pretty cool. The picture quality is fine, but they seriously need to increase battery life. For music the battery lasts plenty long, but for video it just doesn't cut it.