xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Seaworm

Ai? anyone know

Does anyone know what the latest knews is on the development of AI software or engines or whatever the correct word id i did a search and couldnt wade through it maybe some of you know a bit more than I about this so you can share that with me if you like Im very intrigued ny this sort of thing

Hi...

well, as far as I know there are few comercial engines that keep their secrets, and few projects that explains ai in general, but in my opinion best way to get information is to study Open Source engines and it's documentation... I also was searching for some of it, but for long time I wasn't able to find anything - finaly I stumbed at this:

F.E.A.R. - Flexible Embodied Animat aRchitecture

as their [home site] says, FEAR is a language independent open-source project providing portable support for the creation of genuine Artificial Intelligence within realistic simulated worlds. So this may be for you if you know something about programming :P

It's author - Alex J. Champandard - have a lot of sucess in AI matery - he is author of book "AI Game Development: Synthetic Creatures with Learning and Reactive Behaviors", has a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and a Master of Science by Research in Artificial Intelligence. He was workin in game industry for a while, while right now he is Senior AI Programmer in Rockstar Vienna (responsible for Max Payne and GTA)... Those information cames from site [aiGameDev], whitch is leaded by Alex himself, there are also some tutorials...

I believe that in this mather, you can trust him, and also his project (FEAR) is Open Source... few days ago it reached 0.40 - so as you can see it is under heavy development, but still usable :P hope this is what you are asking for :o

There are a number of freeware AI systems available

One that I have been looking at is

AI Application

Regards

Does anyone know what the latest knews is on the development of AI software or engines or whatever the correct word id i did a search and couldnt wade through it maybe some of you know a bit more than I about this so you can share that with me if you like Im very intrigued ny this sort of thing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>