xisto Community
Poison_the_well

Nero Problems Fixing Nero Problems

Hey everyone Im having a bit of trouble using Nero for burning CD's. Everytime I start the burning process, it will get say about 45% done and then it will stop dead. Usually you can hear the actual drive itself whilst the CD is burning, then it will just stop and go quiet. Its really annoying because I am wasting countless CD's on it. Does anyone have any suggestions or is it my hardware?Thanks :PPlease help fix this Nero Problem.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Hey everyone Im having a bit of trouble using Nero for burning CD's. Everytime I start the burning process, it will get say about 45% done and then it will stop dead. Usually you can hear the actual drive itself whilst the CD is burning, then it will just stop and go quiet. Its really annoying because I am wasting countless CD's on it. Does anyone have any suggestions or is it my hardware?

Thanks  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say you should update nero... Maybe it will help. I had the same problem but it was with this crap sony cd´s

I was using NERO 6, but I found that NER 5 have one advantage. I always use CD-RW discs and most of them sometimes be in bad condition and when you add this disc to CD-ROM and then my computer crash :P but I find tha in NERO 5 you can choise Erase Disc, put Cd-RW in drive, quickly push Erase and after ersing my CD-RW works again. When I updated my NERO 5 to NERO 6 I couldn`t do this as a result I use NERO 5 ):

Sorry if this is irrelevant to you, but I just want to say that if you're having frequent problems with Nero (like I used to have), why don't you try out this program called CD Burner XP, which is found at cdburner.seIt like Nero very much but it is much more stable, and is 100% free to download and use. It's won many awards and I recommend it highly for Windows users.

Yeah i sometines have the same problem. mine usualy happens because my burner doesnt support some of the advanced options i chose. if your just adding variouse files then you can use windows built in burner to.

ah, i have had much the same trouble, with disks spinning down while working, in all sorts of stuff. I use windowsXP, and while installing a game, or buring a CD (Roxio, Nero), it will randomly spin down, stop reading, and the program that was using it will crash. Ive never figured out why.

hey try to update your cd-rw's firmware. Goto manufacturer's webpage and try to find firmware for your cd-rw, and as pleople said here update your version of nero, that should help.

There are so many problems you could have burning a CD that does not relate to Nero or the cd burning software that it will make your head spin.A lot of us upgrade our OS but forget that the hardware when developed was meant for the current OS when the hardware was manufactured. So we end up with half updated systems.Then there are the products that barely meet the legal required standard that we buy cheap and expect to perform miracles.So what really could be the problem?Anything form buffer under run problems with the cd-rom, poor quality cds, not enough hard drive space to write the data to for transfer, or incorrectly configured software. And the list goes on and on.Always read warning messages and look closely at the errors, they always tell a story.

I have a question I am using Nero 7, when I try to add movie in it kept closed Nero windows by itself. Do you know what is the problem?-shimmaz

I've burned very few cd's and I don't even think its let me burn a dvd yet. I have a new computer, and think that this could be cause the disc I have is not registered for a whole year, perhaps only part of? For instance, when I try to burn a dvd disc, the computer keeps telling me to put a new disc in, as the hardware doesn't recognize it. my laptop is brand new??? sometimes, you can hear it whurring and whizzing, and then next thing is says that the drive is empty. -Corlene Greenwood

I just got Nero and downloaded it. I am a simple grandad with pictures in my computer and cannot figure out how to put them on a CD. Also I have movies taken with my digital to put on a C (DVD?). What is the simple procedure to do that, I really do not know what the difference is in 'rip' and 'burn'. Thank you-lyle nichols

Hiii guys... can anyone figure whats the problem..when I burn a normal cd it takes more time to burn, and recently a dvd burn took me nearly 1 and 1/to hour to complete.. I don't know what to do.. I`m not able to write dvd`s or cd`s... I`ve installed a new version of nero and I`ve upgraded my os also. when I format with a fresh copy of os the speed is fine but later on the same props arises.. don't know what to do. I`ve tried all things... can anyone help me out with this props?????-GAME