xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Antnydude47

What To Think About While Buying A Pc

simple things to keep in mind when buying a computer1. Is it the latest technology?Technology changes rapidly. In order to avoid having an outdated system within a short time, buy the newest technology. Also be sure to make sure the computer is able to be upgraded2. Does it have everything I need?Does it come with a monitor? Does it have the software I need? Often you we see advertisements from office supply stores that show an entire system with monitor with a low price. Double check the fine print, sometimes they do not include a monitor. 3. What technical support is included?Almost all computers are essentially made from the same parts. Technical support sets one company apart from the others. Check to see if the company has toll-free numbers. If you buy an extended service plan, double-check to see what it covers. Sometimes the extended warranty only covers after the initial manufacturers warranty expires. 4. Is the advertised price after mail-in rebates? Often the advertised prices are after mail-in rebates and/or if you agree to purchase Internet service. The most common Internet service rebate is $400 off a new computer, if you agree to paying for three years of Internet service. I do not advise signing on for a long term contract. Three years in terms of changing technology is a life-time. Internet services will most likely change drastically in those three years and you will be stuck with the contract. If you do decide to go with one of these, make absolutely sure that there is a local access number (not long distance) for the Internet service provider and they guarantee they will keep local access number for you.

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Moved to Computer Talk.
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Those are some great tips on what to look for when purchasing a computer because it can be overwhelming to some when they shop for a computer. Also, I would not buy a computer online if you are not familiar with "technical" computer terms like RAM, ROM, pixels, etc. It is better to have someone explain everything to you if you are not sure. Also, it is a good idea not to overbuy. For example, if you don't plan to be a photographer or do graphic design, don't get a top-of-the-line monitor when a cheaper one will do for just playing games, word processing, and the internet.