xisto Community
Dragonfly

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World US no more world player by 2050?

According to a reliable investigation that appeared in India's prestigious Newspaper - The Times of India, the economic of China may surpass that of the US by 2020 and India's will surpass the US by 2050. Economic changes also brought changes to military might and influence in the world.And the interesting part is that the sole superpower at the moment - the USA will no more play as a global police anymore, rather China and India will form a bi-polar world. However US influences will be felt just like China is today. What do you say? It is possible or its just paper-work?

Hi There,I think it is a reality if India and China progress the way they are today. First , i think this may happen earlier than thought. And remember the US has got a poltical system that is self-correcting to a greater extent. Its not so deep down that it can bounce back. In other words, for the rise of a bipolar world the fall of US is necessary. Secondly there are a lot of factore that need to be overcome before India and China can dream of becoming superpowers. These factors can drain them of their resources before they become anything other than what they are today. Thirdly there is another sitaution, though it sounds very improbable it is likely ...what if these two forces come together then even the mighty US will move out of their way.BDB

INDIA Vs CHINA

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

Replying to Dragonfly

I agree that India and China will take over as Global SuperPower - with only one doubt on account of pollution. In case the pollution level so much - it will be difficult for them to claim the superpower position. But for time being even if I consider that theyw ill claim the global super power place - US will be at out nose like Chindia to US today is absolutely not true. The simple reason why Chindia bothers US is because they are able to shake the economy because of inevitable advantage in terms of economical solution offered by Chindia. During 2020 or 2050 when Chindia will eb global power - may be some African country (possible they will also form African Union - and renunciate dictatorship and concentrate on development) will bother Chindia.

However, these are my personal view and I apologise if it has hurt anybodies feelings

-reply by abhishekasil

the US economy is already down and it is losing its Super powers very rapidly.The next world superpower will not be India or China but the European Union, but definitely India and China will have a major share of the world's economy and will also dominate certain sectors in the economy its all the matter of time and news super powers keep on raising and the old powers vanishing...

A point of correction. The US economy is not down, by normal comparison, its just that its performing below the normal average. However, China has a good shot at becoming a world power in the nearest future, but India on the other hand has a really long way to go if it to achieve that status.

already decided

Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

China is already a superpower by many measures, but China does not want to dominate the world like the old Soviet or the current US. A peaceful superpower is great for the world. India can certainly be a superpower as well, but it seems india has a lot of baggage, being colonized in the past has damaged the national pride. Some people insist that the western model is the only model for human society to succeed, China has proven it wrong. BTW, Bubai might have some fancy buildings now, but it will not last, it is a mirage in the desert, that part of the world need to sort out a lot of issues before they can be on the road to world powers.

-reply by snowman121

never underestimate u.s.a.Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

although current trends indicate a bipolar world, the us wll remain a dominate global power for sometime. China and india have a long way to go in many areas.America has one quality that outshines all others. Its our ability to reinvent ourselves and a strong national character. It seems the world is ready for our fall we may, but not today.

-reply by tony

This has been an interesting discussion and I wish to put in my word too. The US has been a global power for a long time now, and like it or not, most of the other nations in the world are ready to be united just to overtake the US! Presently in the period of recession it already looks like the US is losing power day-by-day. Other countries have been affected too, but no so badly as the US. So which country in the world today is ready to take up the seat of power? If you ask me, no one is, not even the US. It seems like all the countries are on an equal footing right now and everyone is hesitating to lead by example, not knowing what the outcome would be. It is really hard to predict the situation in 2020, leave alone 2050! But anyone would admit that in the near future, some country will take a step ahead and take the position of global leader

Looks like I should have kept going with my Hindi learning. That reminds me, I have, well I found a cool site a long time ago for people to learn some basic Hindi, and no not one of those tourist cheat sheets! I will post it later to go alongside the free Chinese lessons already available. Looks like a lot of you are already living in India though, so it might be rather useless! I learned a few things from it but not very much. Looks like I'm rambling, well I don't want my post to be deleted for being too short! I've always expected the US to lose it's power, as most countries don't reign as the superpower forever. I just hope India and China will be friendly to my country of Canada. We haven't been too rude to you two, have we?? I sure hope not!

Looks like I should have kept going with my Hindi learning. That reminds me, I have, well I found a cool site a long time ago for people to learn some basic Hindi, and no not one of those tourist cheat sheets! I will post it later to go alongside the free Chinese lessons already available. Looks like a lot of you are already living in India though, so it might be rather useless! I learned a few things from it but not very much. Looks like I'm rambling, well I don't want my post to be deleted for being too short!

Well this site does have a heavy Indian influence - the owner is an Indian, the hosting site office is in Mumbai, and a lot of members are from all over India too, though most of them don't mention this in their profile...and it's not a rule that all Indians know Hindi - it's the prominent language only in the north and the west....people from other parts know only their regional language are a bit weak in Hindi (that means they didn't do well in school coz Hindi is a compulsory language @ school :angel: )

I've always expected the US to lose it's power, as most countries don't reign as the superpower forever. I just hope India and China will be friendly to my country of Canada. We haven't been too rude to you two, have we?? I sure hope not!

India is the birth-place of the Buddha and China is a place full of Buddhists...now how could these two be rude? :excl:

It is an open playground and no one can say what will happen...Canada could overtake the US...afterall it is the friendly neighbour isn't it? :( And I read somewhere that Canada uses it's resources very wisely - that's a very cool thing!

Pollution and Climate Change.Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

Hi Feed Backer, when it comes to Pollution, we all have a misconception that the East is highly polluted and the West is very green. Just do a google on this buddy. For an instance the Percapita Carbon Emission by an Indian is 0.14 where as for an American is 20.78 and the Indias Carbon emission is 1.89  where as US is 9.72 . Just Think buddy, now who pollutes the world more?

Yeah I agree with u when it comes to Public sanitation and Civic sense, what u  say is somewhat right. But that has to do a lot with the people and the Individual. When we start respecting the Traffic light even when there is no cop, our streets will be cleaner.

-reply by Jaws

At the current moment, China and India is very much an exporting countries. Their GDP is dependent on US and the European countries. If the leaders for both the countries can pull up their socks and do a good job, given the sheer size of the countries and its population, they will one day overtake US and the global leader.

Firstly India wont take uptill 2050 to overtake US.I most probalby will happen by 2035-40.Secondly the world wont become bipolar, instead it'll become tripolar(donw expect US to fall drastically).And finally EU and Russia will be important variabless in world politics.U can also say it will be a multipolar world led by China,India & US

Neither india nor china will reign the no. 1 superpower medal....Superpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

well. First of all, I want to tell to rob... That buddha was not born in india.. It's their ego which they don't have.. In fact, buddha was born in NEPAL. India is such a greedy country that will never be superpower anymore in the future. Becoz, Contracts of Nuclear between usa and india enables india into powerless country. Becoz, if u saw the past of USA activities than they did a contract only on that situation that they felt it will be beneficial for them. Though this contract, it seem like india will get more advantages. But, for short time only. Let's just wait within some decades more USA reigned superpower medal, and in future also becoz, both china and india going to be like Russia.  

-reply by sanjohn

upto 2050 india and china will be the superpowersSuperpower India & China -arrival Of Bipolar World

the whole world is better know that india and china is growing very rapidly.Both countries have enough resources.They togather have the world 2/3 population.Now they come under strong economy.India is the largest democratic country in the world.These feature makes india more powerful.China have the largest  army in the world.And india is the fourth largest.So there is no doubt that upto 2050 both india and china will be the superpowers.If their is a war between india and china then they never become a superpower. Because after war they both require more fifty years to make their economy.

-reply by anil balmiki