xisto Community
Seaworm

Help Me Pick the peices

Okay i want to but a new PC completely 100% but i dont want anything of the shelf i plan to but all the parts from the web and then build it but all the differnt specs dont realy add up to well for me so do you guys think you copuld give me any suggesions on places, prices and mostly parts i dont want a major super computer just an affordable computer that will run any game or software i want to put on there Thanks- Seaworm

Athlon 64 3200+ ProcessorActive cooler included in Athlon 64 retail box Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA/Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro/ASUS K8V Deluxe Motherboard2X 256MB (512MB) Kingston DDR400 ValueRAMAntec Performance One/Plus/II or Solution seriesPower Supply included in case Samsung SpinPoint seriesLite-On LTC-48161H (DVD/CDRW)ATI Radeon 9800 (128MB)/ Nvidia GeForce 6600Audio Sound Blaster Audigy LSWindows XP Home Edition Operating SystemIf you want these parts to be far more affordable, buy OEM versions and make sure you test them out within the warranty period which is usually less than one week. It's better if you replace some parts from the current PC you are using to the one you will be building so that should save you some money too :P

PC Astray that'r a very good conf for a pc, but rember this:

i dont want a major super computer just an affordable computer that will run any game or software i want to put on there

So.... if you want something simple, buy a Sempron processor, or a the "" -i don't remeber intel's cheap porcessor, jeje-

And if you wan't to sell the parts, use e-bay

PC Astray that'r a very good conf for a pc, but rember this:

So.... if you want something simple, buy a Sempron processor, or a the "" -i don't remeber intel's cheap porcessor, jeje-

And if you wan't to sell the parts, use e-bay

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An affordable computer that has the ability to run any programs the user is going to run so a 64-bit processor chip should do the job. Besides, AMD is much cheaper in terms of its pricing policy than Intel, the latter known for its stability but well, a Sempron might do the job but let's leave it to Seaworm to decide.

When i said affordable i didnt mean like i wanted the cheapest cheap but that i want the best computer i can for a reasonable price im thinking though im not sure and ive never done this before and dont know the average prices and so on so planning around £750 - £1250 to spend on it

then u can buy an even better pc than the one PC Astray proposed... well.. i'm thinking a pc on my currency... adn the one PC Astray said, cost arounds $1100-1300 usd here in my contry...

hhmm....that means t would be quite cheap for me as usd is around double the pound but hardware in the UK costs more i think i may have to email my uncle a shopping list and make him buy and ship the pieces from the US or just somewhere not UK hhmmm.....prehaps china though shipping costs would probably kill me :P so has anyone got any other suggestions?

You may consider getting a motherboard with integrated graphics and audio but your gaming experience will be affected. I think one integrated with sound and support for PCI Express graphic cards should be good enough since you can upgrade it next time as you wish. Since you're in United Kingdom (I know you guys are suffering under the tax), then consider buying the PC parts from foreign countries that inclue free shippinh and so on. I hope this helps but I think you have already taken this into your consideration.

Almost the same as ashtray says, but with a few mods- Zalman CNPS7700 instead of boxed amd cooler- Kingston HyperX memory instead of value ram (preferably 1024 mb's)- 2 or 1, Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT / Ultra (if you have the dough :P )You can spare out money on the case :P and the powersupply if you get a case that has both case and powersupply

Honestly...in my opinion, forget the Intel, forget the AMD, and follow the Sun.

Score yourself a Sun Ultra 2...or Ultra 60...using anything with a CISC processor is just beating a dead horse...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To tell you honestly, I don't even know Sun Microsystems is in the processor market but both Intel and AMD are widely known so therefore, they are readily available in vast quantities at a lower price. ECS has just released a new budget gaming board, the ECS nForce4-A939 which has support for Althon 64 processors so you should consider buying this as well.