xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly

Do You Skype? I like it

Ever since the arrival of internet, things have changed alot however making international calls remain almost the same, we have to shed much money until the arrival of skype (atleast to me). I use skype to make long international calls (of course to another computer users)... even to make calls to landline is comparatively very cheap. Voice is really clear in skype. Sometime ago I used yahoo messenger voice call but then there was always problem, ie. clarity of voice and connectivity. However skype changed all that. I often use skype. Do you skype too?

hhmm this is interesting because i use a lot of international calls... and i often get in trouble with my parents because of the high costs... does this skype need a certain connection or will it work on any connection?? because right now im on dial up oh and is there a payment or is it for free?

I suggest that you go to triple w skype dot com and find out every details. It is definitely cheaper than any other forms of calls. If you want to make calls from PC to PC which have both skype installed in them, its free. Last time I spoke with my relatives in Japan uninterrupted for more than 90minutes and it was really clear and good. But if you want to make calls to landline you must subscribe to their paid service. skype is an extended service of world famed Kazza software. Hope you will enjoy it.

yup i have just read through the website but i wasn't to sure if it was free to call from a skype user direct to another, so far it seems like a established service. Im downloading it so as soon i try it i will give further feedback. :angry:

calls PC-PC are completely free and it works really good. There is a Linux version too. I use to speak with my parents because i am living in anohter country and i am very happy. I do not like the fact that they use a propietary protocol instead of SIP.

Skype is a quite good program... you can easily call other people form other countries..they only have to have the program....so i like it...i have even used it for communicating with my friends from other countries...but i don't have it any more...there was just this point when i realized that i don't use skype that much....and so i uninstalled it and don't miss it either because most of my friends don't have it..