xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wwheeler

Emachines Pos Is there a way to overclock this son?

Hey, about a year ago, I bought an e-machines computer, and I can't get full performance out of the processor, Is there anyway that I can improve the front side bus on this piece of crap machine, will it take changing the processor? can I do it through bios?I am getting really ticked off at this machine, and any ideas might help to save the life of a POS computer that will end up in a million pieces... Any Ideas????-William

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Moved to Hardware Workshop.
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I have one use for an emachien (unless its an amd model) Ok you hide behind bushes at the local park wait for someone to walk by and chuck sticks of ram at them like a ninja :PLook for jumpers on the mobo i remeber on my p2 i noticed some jumpers to set to what speedur processor was and it overclocked it :P

Edited by Hachi-Roku (see edit history)

Hmm...I've got three emachines in my house...And they all seem to work pretty well.I've upgraded the ram and hard drives and made a nice big swap drive for em and they work fine...Although I could never figure out how to overclock em either...So this would be nice.Also I wanna upgrade my chip 2 a P4 model to...So I hope people post.GL

I have one use for an emachien (unless its an amd model) Ok you hide behind bushes at the local park wait for someone to walk by and chuck sticks of ram at them like a ninja :P

Look for jumpers on the mobo i remeber on my p2 i noticed some jumpers to set to what speedur processor was and it overclocked it :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's 100% exactly what I'd do if I could afford to upgrade or replace my pc :P

eMACHINES is the WORST type of PC you can get. It's slow, it's unrelaialbe and ALL the parts are the absolute pits of what are avaliable.