xisto Community
jackpinerepublic

Is There Any Way To Record A Live Stream Of Music?

I like to listen to online radio stations, and they play through Window Media Player. And I was wondering if anyone knows any way to record that music. I know one way would be to take a mp3 player and line in where the speakers plug into the computer and record it that way, but I don't have a mp3 player anymore. So if anyone has any ideas that'd be great.

well you can use WMEnc (Windows Media Encoder 9 Series) which you can download from here.
Its a 9.5 MB download so it may take a bit of a while if you're on a slow connection. But the functionality is great, so its worth the while. The encoder has its own GUI so it doesn't have to rely on any other software to actually do its thing.

Some of the basic features of the encoder are:

Video:
Record A/V while it is streaming (as it appears on your desktop monitor)
Broadcast Video over the internet/intranet, of 'currently playing video'

Audio:
Reord audio directly off the default audio handler - that means - anything that goes through your sound card can be recorded
Record audio off alternate audio handlers - you can select from any of your installed audio handlers
Broadcast live audio over the internet/intranet
Record audio from a line-in

These of course are only the basic features, while the full functionality can only be appreciated after having used the encoder a few times.

The drawback to this is that it will record only to Windows Media formats - but this is easily resolved using converts to change file formats to most available on the internet.

Hope this helped