xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Some More Memories Of Thailand ! In and around the place I live now....

Here I am with some more cool pics from Thailand.. These are all around Hua-Hin, Cha-am region of Phetchaburi Province of Thailand. It's about 2.5 hours down south from Bangkok - the capital. This is where I live. These were all taken by a Canon DigiCam - and the quality of these pics never satisfied me. I just want to share them with you guys :P

These were all taken in the Panoramic mode.

Posted Image

Here's one on the way to the Koh Phangan Island.

Posted Image

And a second shot.

The following pictures have gone missing from ImageShack.. To hell with it. Enjoy the new ones. Am uploading these elsewhere.

Posted Image

Storm in the Park - this is from a beach called Khao Takieb, 10 kms from my condo.

Posted Image

This one is from the Hua-hin beach about 2 kms before the beach in the earlier photo.

Posted Image

Here's a third one. This one is from the 22nd floor of the condo I live in. East of it is the sea, and on west is a long range of hills. Absolute paradise. Nothing within MILES.

Mind you these are pretty large images - each about 200K. So be a little patient and give them time to load properly :P

WTF? Why are the thumbnails missing ?

===================================================

To hell with ImageShack for loosing my images.

Cant pull up the images from image shack...If you would like, I can put them on my image server at my house, and give you the address to use to display them, just let me know dude...

This seems to be an eternal problem - sometimes I myself cannot view them from imageshack. Gotta do something about it. I'll see wwheeler.. but first I gotta cut down the image size for most of these.. the actual sizes are well over 8000x3000 pixels.. lol

I need help with two problems:

1. I cannot view the images. The original picture is broken. Weird!

2. How do you take panoramic pictures? Is it the 3:2 ratio picture? I guess my Sony Cybershot doesn't support it? :) But I really like that panoramic picture thing! Wish I can take those kind of pictures, too, but Bangkok is such a bustling city - there is no room for nature. Man... what is this world coming to? ;)

m^e, I think it's not only me who is eagerly awaiting these pics. I missed them when you posted them.Of course I'll put some images up as well once I get to Ayutthaya next Tuesday. I bought a Canon PowerShot A 520 recently, which also has this "panoramic picture" feature. I have not been able to try it out yet here because of climatic limitations (-2° C in Vienna currently, who would want to go out at such temperatures?) :) but judging from the thumbnail still available it worx quite well!So, once again, m^e, please do put these pics up again somewhere for communal enjoyment ;)Greez,

Damn this - creating terrific problems.. Anyway, I'm activating my own Gallery where I'll put up all the snaps nicely categorized.

Meanwhile, have you checked out these pictures yet ? My Memories Of Thailand

1064331184[/snapback]

OF COURSE I saw them. Beautiful pics, m^e! Never been to Ko Phangan, just saw it from the plane going to Ko Samui... if I remember rightly. That's this f-ed up hippie island where the pol*ce robs you blind? Heard about it, no, thank you, never set my foot on this island. Hua Hin any time. Love it. Spent 3 weeks there this year already and going back for more soon. Enjoying to come back with a guide from Petchaburi :) to show me around.

Hey m^e ... really neat pics. Good for wallpapers, but where are you? Don't tell me you took pics of the surroundings but didn't take one of yourself? :)