xisto Community
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

How Often Do Your Points Get Deducted? ....

The points get reduced by a flat rate of 1 credit per real world day - that 10.59 --> 10.58 transition that you see, is actually represents part of the day, i.e. the credit system doesn't cut off 1 point at some preset time like midnight. Instead it keep deducting a certain fraction of "1" little by little throughout the day as time passes. If we split that 1 Credit into 100 parts, cosidering the fact that there are 1440 minutes a day, for every minute that passes by your hosting credit gets reduced by approx. (100/1440) = 0.069. At the end of the day all these 0.069 reductions sum up to ONE WHOLE CREDIT. :PEverytime you refresh you page on this board - it's that difference of credits that you see. I hope you got what I'm trying to say...

the points get reduced every hours or so when i noticed the difference. but i knew that one point equals to one day. so if i got 10.50 pionts i would know that i have 10 and a half days till my account get suspended. then i have to post some quality posts on this forum.to advise you i make sure that your posts are quality and your posts are more than 10 points/days.

I haveoticed that you lose .01 points around every 15 minutes, if that helps at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See the calculations I mentioned above. According to it, for every minute, your credits get deducted by 0.069. So in 15 minutes, (15*0.069) = 1.035. Recall that we'd split 1 credit into 100 equal parts... So how much is 1.035 out of 100 ? --> 0.01035 = 0.01. Does tha tally with your calculation now, vizskywalker ?? :P

Yes it doesn, and I knew your calculations were right, I just wanted to have a quick response giving an approximate time he could use without having to actually plug numbers. But your response is the 100% correct way. Depending on how often the credit deduction script runs (which you never told us).