xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kiada

Free-running Game Would this work?..

My friends been telling me they've got a Free-Running game in the making (Free-Running: http://www.parkour.org.uk/). Said he'd seen a program on the making on it, and it looks more or less like the Tony Hawks style engine.. which i can visualize... Sorta behind the person you're playing..

But I was thinking, do you think a Free-Running game would work like.. in Third-Person view with full control of the person... running about, spotting ledges/rails/bricks on walls in the map around you an making up your combos etc? Like.. without the restraints of a small-ish map and the Tony Hawks control... A lot more freedom to move about how you like? It would be very hard to code.. and the controls/camera angles would need to a lot of work to succeed.. but if it did, I think it'd be fun as hell to play. I reckon the new game in the makings gonna be good either ways, but the freedom of plays always a factor in the gameplay department..

Hmmm god knows ha, im no game designer..

oh! i seen this on the free running programme in the uk channel. i saw this game in the making on television they was playing it on the playstation 2. they had all the real characters that started the new sport.the game looked quite good. the view is like a tony hawks point of view probably much better. funny that you fall down from a really high building and it says your dead. the new sport looks so cool it even make me want to do it in real life. but i know where i end up! THE HOSPITAL!

Ye, i saw the game on tv, and it seems like a good concept, but whether they will take the "free" part of "freerunning" into consideration is another matter. Me and my friends are "parkour" beginners, and it would be a shame to see the game making you pick up power ups and collecting squirrels or something.But the signs point to a semi-shoddy release, im afraid. (They had to make all the characters the same height due to the way the moves are done with the buildings, step 1 in a makeshift tony hawk's methinks :P )

Ha it'd be quite mad to be able to do it in real life I reckon. You'd have to have loadsa body strength and be toned as hell aswell though, extreme fitness!I hope someone else tries to develop a game for the sport if this ones looking shoddy. It'd be dissapointing if they didnt!

Of course, body strength is important, but not the key, you can reach a lot with moderate strength. It's HOW you use your strength, and also, Parkour is not just running and jumping off things and do those rolls with(out) rails. What also is very cool are the balance-tricks, those are sometimes even harder to perform than the jump tricks. About the fitness, it doesn't have to be extreme. If you use your strength right and don't waste it, you can parkour for quite some time, without getting tired.