xisto Community
aaorozco

Your Favorite Website Creator

hmm, if you count Flash as a website creator, you might as well add in Photoshop/ImageReady and other graphic software. Personally, however, I usually choose to use notepad as my coding software. Though I've updated my notepad with "ConTEXT" to make it easier to read php/html/java coding. ConTEXT had really made my notepad into a wonderful editing tool without making it into a huge application like Dreamweaver ^_^

Hats off to dreamweaver :P Its simply the best. Frontpage still has lots of limitations. The way dreamweaver integrates all the different web-design scripting languages and html with actual visual design, is amazing.. I say nothing can beat it... Combine with that the other Macromedia packages (Flash, Fireworks, Freehand etc.) - what more do you need ?? Except maybe Photoshop at times...

VIM, means vim improved. It's a command-line based text editor with line numbers and syntax highlighting. It has a lot of very powerfull functions and tricks which many new editors don't even have. But because it's quite difficult to understand all it's functions, i guess few people use it.

I voted 'other'. I use NoteTab Lite. Its freeware but there is a more feature-packed version available for $. Its worked pretty well for me. But I wish it had more pertinent features. Here's my features wantlist:

ability to edit HTML, CSS and PHP

numbered lines

color coding

tabbed files

the ability to use mixed fonts in the code

Does anyone know of an HTML editor that includes these features (and is freeware)?

I use a program which i made; it is based on Notepad but my version has tabbed files and a pretty good file management system. i am working on other features for it like those SingleDaddyof2 mentioned. you can open all types of files in it just like others can, i made it as part of a very important college assignment (i done very well :P lol).

Adobe GoLive for setting up the base layout. And then after that notepad or some toehr text editor for all alter changes. I find GoLive to be amazing to set up any table type layouts. A lot easier than doing it by hand to say the least.In the end I always end up hand coding >_<;;

I use CoffeeCup 2005. Its you can download a free full version of it, however it will put a 30 day counter on it. Once the 30 days is up you can uninstall and delete it off your computer and then download it again. Somehow, that works. Its a very nice and easy to use program.

I used to use only notepad when I started to create web sites with html, then I found FrontPage and MacromediaFlashMX, Frontpage I alo use know, but MacromediaFlashMX is too hard me :P I can just to draw press-button and banner with Xara. But know I am going to learn PHP and flash :P if I have desire...

to code my website i used the notepad editor most of the times. with a little help from dreamweaver i validate my coding and stuff. i dont think flash techinically count as a web creator? maybe it does... hm.. i dont know. :P

Ok, i always say the same.. but i sa because i really beleve it...If you want to crete a portal, use a CMS'S powered website!!!!That way, frontpage, dreamweaver, etc... will be almost unnecesary (by almost i may be exagerating)The thing is, cms make developing very easy.. if you like to write your own code, u can buold up modules and contribute with the goos free stuff!!!!PS: Frontpage, Dremaveaver and notepad

I began with Notepad and Editpad, later in order to style my documents, I started to use Notetab Light and AmayaWX; finally now that I want to learn PHP I downloaded Vim.