xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comended

Gunbound anybody play?

who here plays the online game "Gunbound" (http://gunbound.softnyx.net/default.aspx)??? i play alot, Gunbound is basically like the Japanese CD rom game "Worms", well okay most kids play it, but i enjoy it lol. if you go on eBay and search "gunbound", there are many things thats people sell from that game, to be honest, the only reason i play it is because i sell the Accounts, Avatar, Gold, ect. on eBay... you can make alot because so many kids play it, people spend Hundreds of dollars for high rank accounts, i once sold a nice account for 170 dollars in paypal cash. please post your game name here, maybe we can play someday...

Gunbound is a decend game but after a week of play I find it fruitless. With n00bs team killing and opponents that are using uber equipment in the newbie server it is not cool. For me much of this game lost its novelty very quickly when I found myself getting my *bottom* handed to myself round after round by people wo either payed or hacked for some uber equipment that I had no hopes of getting.

Many people don't understand the value of true gaming... It spoils the game... They should make it in such a way that avatar beyond a certain level cannot get into newbie servers!

Many people don't understand the value of true gaming... It spoils the game... They should make it in such a way that avatar beyond a certain level cannot get into newbie servers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a matter of fact, they do. There are certain servers that are dedicated only to newbies of rank Metal Axe or below.

Gunbound is a relatively entertaining game. It combines two of the most simple ideas in a simple, pretty way. Gunbound has many mobiles to choose from, and playing with any of these mobiles is not unlike playing with a physics engine demo. There is a lot to try (Boomer at 89 degrees is always good for kicks). Different shot weights and different throw patterns create lots to try.

Next, the circumstance that exists in which you try all of these things changes with each game. The wind/gravity feature changes the nature of each shot, and teleports will always keep even sharpshooters and shotgunners on their toes.

Finally, there is a distinct air of competition often seen in Korean online games. The rank system exists, but each person's rank is very prominantly displayed at all times. Also, the top ranks are percentage-based, and hence getting to the top is akin to climbing a growing mountain.

All said, though, getting bored of Gunbound is very possible. I rarely play anymore, but you can find me GB as Aeipher from time to time.

I used to play Gunbound and still do but not as much.I find this game hard which is why I stopped playing for a couple of months.Now I play it only because my friend does and whats better than constant competition against a friend?Any Tips on this game would be great.

Its one of the better, free, online games out there. I believe it is illegal to sell accounts and items for real cash, but I'm not one to pry (just thought you may look into that). Anyways, my account name is runemidget, but as of late I have not been on very frequently, feel free to sign me on as a friend, and next time im on ill pm you.

Any Tips on this game would be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In general, the game is all get-your-feel and aim and shoot. Thus, it's probably a good idea to use a simple mobile at first. I suggest using Bigfoot if you're not too comfortable with aiming. All three shots (1, 2, and Special) have a relatively wide range. Thus, you can aim in the general direction of your enemy and examine the effect of the wind/gravity on your shot.

Once you've become somewhat more familiar with shooting, you can progress onto mobiles with multiple shots or shots with odd behaviour. NakMachine's tunneling shot 2 is a great change from the ordinary, and A. Sate provides a completely different perspective of shooting an enemy.

Of course, my favourite mobile is BoomerLauncher, but using that thing will really drive you up the wall. Unless you just naturally grow to love and embrace Boomer's quirks, this mobile is best left only for experts and novices who like the experiment. I lie firmly within the second group ^_~

So--get out there and start shooting. Don't get intimidated, and don't worry too much about EXP. Gunbound is a game, as is every other game. Have fun, and enjoy it for it's entertainment value :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, they do. There are certain servers that are dedicated only to newbies of rank Metal Axe or below.
Gunbound is a relatively entertaining game. It combines two of the most simple ideas in a simple, pretty way. Gunbound has many mobiles to choose from, and playing with any of these mobiles is not unlike playing with a physics engine demo. There is a lot to try (Boomer at 89 degrees is always good for kicks). Different shot weights and different throw patterns create lots to try.

Next, the circumstance that exists in which you try all of these things changes with each game. The wind/gravity feature changes the nature of each shot, and teleports will always keep even sharpshooters and shotgunners on their toes.

Finally, there is a distinct air of competition often seen in Korean online games. The rank system exists, but each person's rank is very prominantly displayed at all times. Also, the top ranks are percentage-based, and hence getting to the top is akin to climbing a growing mountain.

All said, though, getting bored of Gunbound is very possible. I rarely play anymore, but you can find me GB as Aeipher from time to time.

I'm talking about the avatars.. For some strange reason, even inside the avatar-off zone, avatars still work! Its annoying when some guy registers a new account and has a main which then passes some really powerful avatar down and kills everyone who is not on his team...

yeah i play gunbound a bit... i'm a silver axe and i have a full santa suit (hat, suit, glasses and christmis gift) so maybe i should hand out gifts to noobs at christmas time... but first i have t make some money to buy said presents :P

Xevian, although the powerful players can pass avatars to their new accounts, these accounts don't gain impunity on the avatar-off servers. However, newbie accounts on the newbie servers do tend to be annoying at times. The solution is simple though. If you see a player with a thoroughly-overpowering avatar, find someone who isn't. Also, since gifted items cannnot be regifted, the spread of such things is largely controlled.