xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Imported Pictures To Flash. ....

Hey, I was wondering, In Flash you can import pictures to use in your movie or whatever. I did that, and I wanted to edit it. though, for some reason I couldn't. I couldn't erase, or draw on any imported pictures. Is there a way to make them editable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can import pictures into flash of course - and you can edit them!You cannot however, for instance, import a photoshop file or something into flash and expect to preserve layers or filters. What you see is what you get with the pic. You can draw overtop of the picture or erase parts. I don't see why you couldn't edit the picture. What gives you the impression you can't edit the picture??? What did you do to try to edit it that didn't work? Tell me more - I could probably help.

It sounds like your layers are locked. And/or you are attempting to edit(draw over) a locked layer. In the timeline you will see the names of the layers on the left side. To the right of the layer name you will find the lock, which will lock or unlock the layers allowing or disallowing edits. You MUST unlock the layer in order to edit any of the content. Try that and see if it helps any.

Nope, his layers aren't locked. I had this problem a long time ago when I still was a flash-nub :PIt's simple: break the image apart. What? :PI'll explain: right-click your image, and click break apart. Suddenly, this strange dotted pattern comes over your image. This means Flash gives the picture the same status as a regular picture you'd draw in Flash. Little hint: shortcutkey is ctrl+b.Good luck :o

umm ye qop is right... but when u imported any image it goes in library where u store is go in symbol.. but u cant edit the Symbols.. am not geting wht u saying.. u wana edit symbols? or whole movie which u imported..U can try help in Flash latest verison...tothefnmax u can download flash frm macrmedia.com its free

forgive me my friends but i am new member here and i want to learn as possible as i can so my first question is how can i make my own adds by using the pictures whish change herself to another picture automaticallyplz help me that will mean alot to me your friend***********mshmsh2010***********