xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
friso

Yellow Notes on your desktop, instead of your monitor

just a short tutorial, if you are sick of those yellow post-its on your monitor saying: 'get milk' 'post new tutorial' and so on. you only need outlook.

you don't have to save every time you exit it, it will do so automatically, and it opens fast.

this is what you do:

- Start Outlook

- Click File > New > Note

- Go to Personal folders > Notes

**Right click on the note now to change the color**

- Minimize everything but Outlook, and drag the note to your desktop

- Change the name & make some random content

- You are done!

It will look like this:

Posted Image

OR you could use a text file on your desktop that you use to write your notes on.OR keep a small notebook to write things on next to your computer.BUT, nice idea anyway :P

yes, but a text file asks you to save each time you use it, and you can't copy-paste stuff or urls into a notepad you got lying next to your computer. :P

yes, i saw it, that's what the 'notes system?' topic **admin only** topic is about, right? well, anyway, just nice to see something like that back in the forum :P

And, just for the run of it, The Linux equivilant is called Knotes (part of the kde envoronment) which an be downloaded from Kde.org. (or 'emerge knotes' for any of you lucky enough to be using gentoo... you lucky nurds :P...)

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Hey - the new look that I've given the NOTE tag came from this post ..with my own innovations...  Just letting you all know :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

microscopic^earthling please can you tell us how you put a title to the Outlook note? :P

microscopic^earthling please can you tell us how you put a title to the Outlook note?  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup.. I copied that picture, used photoshop to cut out that Icon on the left. Initially I'd used the same color theme as the original note here in the topic starter - but didn't like them in the long run. So I fired up FireWorks and created the title bar and the "X" button myself and added them in. If you want to know the underlying code behind the NOTE tag, check in the HTML, XML & Other Markup languages section under Howto's and Tutorials. There will be a tutorial called Howto: Custom BBCodes (NOTE) or something similar. That contains detailed explanation on how I created the NOTE tag.

Regards,

m^e