xisto Community
jackpinerepublic

Ti-83 Plus Graphing Calculator Problem

I have a TI-83 Plus graphing calculator. I wanted put a periotic table program onto it so I read about how to do it. I have the CD for the program that goes on the computer. I also have a silver USB connection cord. When I try to connect to the computer It says "new hardware found" I click on that and it starts to search and does not find anything. Eventually the connection attempt times out. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong. I think it may be because I've got the software for a black connection cord instead of the silver, but I could not find anyplace to download the software for the silver cord.

ok, i've got the works for ya!!!!!

First of all.. go to https://education.ti.com/en/us/home sign-up, register your calc, and browse around to get the latest OS for your calc....

Then... DOWNLOAD ALL THE FREE APPS THEY HAVE FOR U, you're going to need TI-CONNECT to use your usb conection cord.... you can also find support on taht for your ti-83 (i use a voyage 200, so it's a little diferent).

I updated a ti-83 once, it wasn't difficult at all.. just get ti-connect and the latest os... as a matter of fact, get the ti connect first, then run it (plug your cal to the pc) and search for online updates on OS for your calc...

Ok, after getting resources from the source... YOU HAVE OT TO GO TO http://www.ticalc.org/ there you can find A LOT OF STUFF on every model ther is from Texas Instruments...

There's even a news flash of a solar robot based on ti-83 right now!!!!

As far as the connect software goes, you can find the most recent version here. Install this software and then put the link into the computer without the calculator attached to the link. Then start up the program, then attach the calculator. Your connection problems should be solved. And I second ticalc.org for you. It is a great site.

As far as the connect software goes, you can find the most recent version here.  Install this software and then put the link into the computer without the calculator attached to the link.  Then start up the program, then attach the calculator.  Your connection problems should be solved.  And I second ticalc.org for you.  It is a great site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks so much, the problem was with my computer not finding the connectivity software and after I downloaded and installed that my computer picked it up. Thanks.

i'm just wondering if the program you are using is the TI-connect and also if ur running on Windows XP becasue i was having the same problem with my calculator except mine is a TI-89 :P

curly, this solution (the latest Ti-Connect software) is functional to all ti models.You may want to check you linking cable. Sometime you may have to unplu it and the plug it again for win xp to recognize the new device.

I had the same problem. I had the silver cable but only the TI-83 and I couldn't transfer any programs onto it. I used the TI website's transer program but still nothing. I'll have to give it another shot hopefully I can get it to work this time.

Ok, look, i had the same problem, so i wrote to ti support, i'm quoting the messages:

THE ONE I SENT:

Ok, i updated my v200 OS from 2.9 to 3.01 last week... i made

a backup of my files before doing so...

Ok, i sucsefully transfered all my file to my calc.. but now, when i try

to copy files from my calv to my pc (using TI DeviceExplorer) it doesn't

do it, i mean, the + sign appears when i drag a file to folder, but it

doesn't make a copy of it... and i haven't been able to send file

either!!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!

what should i do??? install my 2.9 OS back o what???

THE ONE THEY ANSWERED:

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments.

I regret that you are having problems using the TI Connect software.

Here is a bit of information for you.

I would suggest you un-install any and all versions of the TI Connect

software you currently have on your computer. Then, visit the following

URL to download a free copy of the latest version of TI Connect.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Prior to installing this software, please disconnect your TI

Connectivity Kit cable from your computer. Once you have finished

installing and re-started your computer, re-connect your cable and see

if you can send and receive files with the new TI Connect software.

David, have you visited the Student Center lately? Find all the latest

information about products, tutorials, freebies, games, and more.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Please let me know if the information presented did not resolve your

issue.

Sincerely,

Doug Fincher

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Instruments

Email: ti-cares@ti.com

General Information: (800) 842-2737

Technical Support: (972) 917-8324

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know how I'm doing. Fill out our customer survey at: